Tuesday, 7 May 2013

if I was a Rich Girl ...

The May blogging challenge is more of a challenge than I first thought. I have missed a day or two, so the plan is to carry on and post as often as possible this month. This is another celeb inspired post with a look that excites me very much. 
It was the Met Ball Gala the other night at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. This is a big night for fashion and the theme of the evening was 'Punk:Chaos To Couture'. It was a red carpet full of stars, from Rita Ora to Ann Wintour. There were fashion hits and one too many fashion misses. It was Nicole Richie that stole the show for me. I'm a big fan of Nicole Richie and her style, and she did not disapoint that evening. Nicole modelled her new silver/grey short hair do, her look was striking and glamorous. The theme was not wasted on her. I loved this look, from the hair, make up, dress and spiked accessories. I'm sure not everyone would agree that this was a fashion hit, but for me she wins best dressed!

 head to toe Stunning!

Would you ever go short and silver?


Get the look. Model Roby Rose. Miley Cyrus and Cruella DeVil (why not?)

Nicole posted a sneaky pic before the event of her nails against her gorgeous detailed dress on instagram. Below, I have chosen some rings and nail polish so we can create the look ourselves. Nicole's deep red and gold half-moon manicure was created by Kimmie Kyees.
 I would love to try this on my own nails, so I will purchasing a gold nail pen soon. All the rings I have chosen are from the wonderful on-line boutique Dixi, 'a treasure trove for vintage and modern jewellery'. :)



NAIL ART PEN IN FOOLS GOLD /  Generation Q: Nail Varnish in Charisma
DIXI Jewellery 

Moonrock Ring £8 / Talisse Arrow Point Ring £6 

Livia Geometric Stacked Ring £6 / Idah Moonstone Rings £12



Nicole wore Topshop Couture, doesn't that just sound beautiful?. The long white embellished dress looked perfect on her petite frame. I just adored everything about the dress. It reminded me of a dress I always seem to click on when on the Topshop site. This dress has embellishment detail on the sleeves and neckline just like the dress Nicole wore. I have picked a studded hard clutch from Topshop to add that punk feel. I think all that is needed is a bold dark lip colour and the overall look would be very Nicole-esque.  

*LIMITED EDITION PEARL SWING DRESS £195 


Click, Click, Click, Click

I hope you have enjoyed my post. I was so excited when I saw what Nicole wore, I really wanted to do a post about it. I may do my first ootd post soon. eeeek!
Who was your best dressed?
How would you style a celeb for a punk couture event?

xxxx

    18 comments:

    1. I once died my hair grey... I wouldn't really recommend it. x

      ReplyDelete
    2. All those rings are so pretty and i love that nail colour :) x
      http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. That Topshop dress is absolutely stunning. Love the embellished detail x

      http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love all of the rings on the new dixi website! The topshop dress is gorgeous too x

      http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
    5. Your banner is adorable by the way! Had to admire it. And this post is really well put together. I loved reading it. I love the different dynamics your explored and shared! So many blogs restrict posts to just makeup, but I love jewellery and hair colour just as much! And my god do I want nails like that...

      Cute blog. Followed, I actually cannot wait for more!

      Beauty Baroness ☮♥

      ReplyDelete
    6. Amazing ideas! So inspiring:)

      http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

      ReplyDelete
    7. Don't think I'd ever be brave enough to go back blonde, nevermind Silver, but so many people can carry it off!! Also, love those rings :D

      hollyamberrio.blogspot.co.uk
      xx

      ReplyDelete
    8. Amazing pics... great inspiration!!!
      Would you like to follow each other?

      ReplyDelete
    9. i would love to have silver hair just for one day to see what it's like! not sure if i'd want to have it long-term though.
      great post :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. I think Anne Hathaway was my best dressed, I LOVED her hair, and her dress was just right for the occasion.

      I loved what Nicole Richie was wearing too though. Not 100% convinced on the hair, but she certainly pulled it off!

      Janey

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wonderfully comprehensive post Christina, beautiful and original, well done! Following now on GFC and Bloglovin :) x0

      http://modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
    12. I adore the silver hair colour but think it would make me look too washed out.
      Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
      Have a wonderful weekend Hun xoxo
      http://www.intotheblonde.com/

      ReplyDelete
    13. Great post! I loved Nicole's outfit, but wasn't sure about her hair! I know a lot of kpop guys go that route with their hair color though
      http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    14. She looks great, I would love to have silver hair but it would destroy my hair and it doesn't suit my type :/

      Spark&Bark

      xx

      ReplyDelete
    15. She looks amazing! I'd love to have silver hair but think it wouldn't suit my skin tone!

      Halima

      xx

      ReplyDelete
    16. great post! i was so in love with nicole's entire look

      would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? let me know so i can follow back
      xx
      http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

      ReplyDelete
    17. Love her sooo!fOLLOW YOU now back xjes
      www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

      ReplyDelete