Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Competition Entry - Palms to the Sky ...



Above, images (from pinterest) to inspire a festival look! Alexa Chung always looks great at a festival, her style is effortlessly cool...








This is my ShopStyle’s festival shopping challenge entry, to create an ultimate festival outfit. I think this is such a fun idea and I could not wait to get started, and create a look that is ideal for a festival. I'm always browsing on line at clothes, and now I have an imaginary £200 to spend, and an outfit in mind. 

My initial thought was to create an outlandish outfit complete with fairy wings (from Claire's). I think there are no rules when dressing for a festival, and it is a great chance to mix up colours and patterns. Festivals are always full of great fashion and different styles that really do inspire. It's such a perfect opportunity to be creative and the options are endless.
So, the look I have opted for, is sweet and girly with a splash of orange. Orange is not a colour I normally would wear, however these sunglasses are so cute. and I adore round framed glasses.
The dress has a cut out and tie detail at the waist, with a skater style skirt, that creates a flirty and girly look. This polka dot dress is from Motel and I instantly loved it when I saw it. I have teamed it up with peach Converse, to add some colour and comfort. If your Converse do get muddy, just give them a good scrub and they will look as good as new.
I wanted to include a hat and I initially thought of a visor to complete the outfit. However, when I came across this darling bowler hat from Topshop, I knew this was the one. Flowers and floral designs are a key trend for festivals, so the flower garland band around the hat is the perfect touch. Thanks Topshop!
I included a stack of bracelets and friendship bands from River Island because I wanted to go for a boho vibe. The turquoise ring is gorgeous and being a jewellery lover I could not resist it.
Finally, I picked out a rucksack because of the colourful pattern and style. The British weather is so unpredictable, it is a good idea to carry a jumper or waterproof in your bag, and any bits or bobs you
 may need.

I hope you like my festival style, I was going for an easy to wear, pretty look. It is also practical, so you can dance the day away...
Total : £189
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you entered yet? The details can be found HERE, and the blogger that wins, will have £1000 to put towards their summer wardrobe!! What are you waiting for? Get your entry in!

· Create a blog post featuring your ultimate festival outfit that costs no more than £200 and explain why you love it
· Make sure you link to the ShopStyle homepage within your posts
· Email your blog post to shoppingchallenge@popsugar.com to let ShopStyle know you’ve entered

Then, post your link and entry on Natasha's page.



Good Luck!!



I would love to hear what you think of this outfit. Do you like? What would you pick?
Thank you for reading!
xxxx




13 comments:

  1. Oh my that polka dot dress is fab. I wouldn't mind that and the converse in my wardrobe. Thanks for stopping by.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bag is so cute!!! love your simple but chic look! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the competition! Loving that straw hat :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mini moodboard with all the pinterest images. Your outfit is very wearable for a festival too. I like the peach converse the most. Good luck. x

    LovefromLouLou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for checking out my blog :) I agree the hat is soo cute - I wanted to buy it but its pretty pricey!
    Love your blog design btw, followed!

    Alice x

    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this style :) + love your blog layout + header!
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina, love this sweet and quirky look you have put together, lots of luck with the comp! xo

    modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hat is very cute x best of luck

    cat x

    dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the whole look, you've pulled it all together really well! Best of luck with the competition x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely dream outfit! You are right, festival and alexa chung, perfect match! Good luck with the competition!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha love that we both went the converse's route. You can't go wrong and you are so right that they scrub up so well.
    www.echoesfrommyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your entry is lovely, I love the dress and THAT bag is so nice.

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only just found your blog this morning and i haven't been able to stop reading! I love the dress in this post! :) x

    pastelcolouredrainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete