Saturday, 13 July 2013

A Daisy Haze

Yesterday I attended a graduation, it was such a wonderful day. I missed my own graduation so it was good to experience it through someone else, and without the pressure. The graduates all looked so smart in their gowns and a good day was had by all. The ceremony and speeches were very inspiring and you could see the expressions of pride from the attending parents and families. It was great to be part of such a lovely day, and the beautiful weather made it even more so. There was a great atmosphere, busy with graduates and families chatting and taking photographs in the sunshine.

The day before, I treated myself and had my nails done. I am not very good at nail art, so I sat back and relaxed while the expert took over. I just wanted something simple,so I chose a subtle pink polish. The design consisted of four white dots close together. There is a hint of yellow polish on the 'petals' and a silver glittery centre. I was very pleased with the end result. I feel like it is something I might be able to replicate, as the girl made it look easy. However, I do not have much success when painting any sort of detail onto my nails. It usually ends up all untidy and smudged!! I wish I had taken a picture of the nail polishes used, but when I go back for another design I will make sure I do. I'm always admiring other bloggers and their nail art posts, so it's nice to be able to share this picture.


I hope you like the jewellery I have chosen to compliment my nails, below. The weather has inspired me to pick some summery designs. I love daisy prints at the moment and I could easily make a long wishlist of daisy themed clothing and items that have caught my eye. Especially the Motel Penny Smock,however I'm never sure what size to buy with Motel. The silver rings and necklace, below, are all so pretty and dainty


The above picture, is the necklace I wore to the graduation. I have a number of spiked necklaces, and this one is from River Island. The store has a great collection of jewellery and a range that is so reasonably priced. I curled the ends of my hair in the morning, however the curls soon fell out,leaving me with slightly waved hair. I used my Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray to add some texture. I think next time I will aim to have more volume. Are there any products you can recommend for this?


I hope you have enjoyed reading my post. What have you been doing this sunny weekend?

Please feel free to leave your link as I enjoy finding new blogs, and catching up on new posts.

Thanks

xxxx

16 comments:

  1. Your nails look so cute!
    Issy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are amazing! And I'm not usually one for fancy nails either but that design is the cutest! :)
    Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw I'm such a sucker for anything that involves daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute nail art! The daisies look lovely (:
    Sometimes, simplicity is best!

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nails! I may try to recreate them this afternoon when I do my nails :) and the necklace is beautiful!edgy but classy hehe, love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the nails - my baby niece is called Daisy, so may try to recreate these for her Christening :)

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous nails!
    I have the penny dress in stripe, I'm a 10 and got a small, I really like the fit, it's slightly oversized. If you want you can use my code to get 20% off, it's allie-davies :)

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look amazing! I've got my graduation on Friday, can't wait! Thanks for sending me you link lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the nails, definitely something you can replicate, use a dotting tool and you'll have no problems :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails look beautiful, I bet you could do the same no problem, even a cotton bud dipped in polish would make dots for you. I love your necklace!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The daisies are really cute, I was actually thinking if painting mine with daisies at the weekend.

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your necklace and your nails are amazing must've took a lot of time and patience to make it look that good :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails are soooo cute! I usually like simple block colours on my nails but these are just so pretty, I want them! And I love the necklace :)

    L x
    fashionfor21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those bee stacking rings!! They are adorable :) they're a little pricey though, if I win the lottery this weekend I'll buy myself some. (Although they're not THAT pricey!) maybe just a Christmas wish-list? Yeah, I said the C word! I'm not even sorry!

    Thank you for following my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, I always knew you had good taste in jewellery and fashion accessories, Christina! :-) I've added a link to a UK Nikki Lissoni stockist (incase you wanted to add it on your Christmas list this year. Argh, I just said the C-word in July!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are the cutest nails ever! They look like they could be rather simple to do, I bet they aren't though haha. Definitely inspiration though! :D

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete