Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Style Crush ...


When I saw photographs of Nicole Ritchie at the Met Ball, I had to blog about the it. When I saw photographs of Keira Knightly on her wedding day, again, I just had to blog about her beautiful dress. 
This week I saw photographs of Kourtney looking gorgeous in a striped bikini and multi coloured cover up, I knew I wanted to blog about my new favourite Kardashian. This blog is a place to share all the things I enjoy and love, and I am currently loving the new season of Keeping up with the Kardashians.




I have been admiring Kourtney's style in the current season of 'the Kardashians', and her fun sense of fashion. This is clear to see when she wore a Vintage Versace dress, with a Betty Boob themed print, at the Wildfox Swim Show.


I know, not everyone likes the Kardashians (Leila being one), but please bear with me, as I explain why Kourtney is coming up trumps in the fashion stakes. I have chosen some of my favourite looks (above) that are chic, and show off her extensive fashion choices.

Kourtney's style reflects her personality. She is not afraid to experiment with colours or accessories. A perfect example of this, is her fondness for turbans. It is a throwback and quirky look, and shows she is a girl that loves to indulge in fashion. The turban, along with big floppy hats and jewelled hair accessories are items she often wears, especially when on holiday or at the beach. It is this playful way of dressing that has made me admire her style. It would be great to take a leaf out of her book, and become more adventurous with outfits, and opt for the pattern rather than the neutral item.

There is definitely an influence from different eras and trends when looking at Kourtney's style. The Jackie O oversized sunglasses, the mod inspired dresses and bohemian inspired numbers, are all examples of this. There is an innate confidence in the way she dresses. It's also admirable, that she was in no rush to lose her baby weight after the birth of her daughter, and she did not bow to media pressure to do so. Kourtney is very organic when it comes to food and products, often to the amusement of her family. Whilst breast feeding, she refused to wear deodorant, fearing the toxins would be absorbed into her skin.
She often wears floaty kaftans, beautifully embroidered and styled accordingly, a reflection of her cool, relaxed attitude. It is her casual and understated look that I love the most. Alternatively, she can be sophisticated in style, and wears designer pieces with ease.

Of course, when I was searching images of Kourtney, there were many fashion faux pas (some of the feathery kind), but we are all guilty of them at one time or another. Kourtney's style has evolved from body cons, low necklines, to smart two pieces and fun colour blocking outfits.


Get the look ...






I have chosen some items to achieve the Kourtney look. It is all about different pieces that match together, and that add colour to an outfit. I have included some black and white retro sunglasses and a statement necklace as the key accessories. A large Zara shopper would be ideal for everyday use, whilst a cream sleek clutch would complete a Kourtney inspired outfit. I think the Zara ankle boots are very Kardashian-esque

I am also looking forward to making a purchase from the Krome Kollection. Scarlett London has done a wonderful review of their make up range, take a look here.

Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed.
Whether you love them or hate them, is there a look above that you like?
Who do you have a style crush on?
xxxx

    39 comments:

    1. I can only watch Kardashians on 4Music or whatever channel it is, so I'm months (seasons) behind everyone else.
      I do love Kourtney's style actually, it seems a lot more achievable than Kim's get-up, and Khloe seems to stick to dark colours.
      Also funny you should say about choosing prints, I've just ordered a maxi dress and ordered the printed one over the plain black for the first time EVER!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I need to make bolder choices, I bet the maxi dress is fab! Thanks Vicky x

        Delete
    2. I've just started watching the Kardashians and can't stop watching them! Sooo funny! Hehe. Love your post, great inspiration! Xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank Paula, I hope you enjoy your trip to London x

        Delete
    3. Who doesn't have Kourtney as a style crush?! The past few months she's been looking especially amazing and I love how practical her looks are :) x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Aw glad you agree! I do love her casual look as well. Thanks Vicki x

        Delete
    4. I'm not really into the Kardashians (Keeping Up with the Kardashians is not on in my country, otherwise I'd be addicted lol), but Kourtney's got great style! Also I think I just fell in love with those ankle boots from Zara... oops! Haha xx

      Tania
      thetaniadiaries.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I can picture Kourtney in those boots! thanks for the comment x

        Delete
    5. Aww, what a cute little mention so thank you! I'm somewhat surprised at Kourtney's style as it isn't as conventional as I'd expected at all!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. thank you for reading, I know you're not a fan, so it means a lot x

        Delete
    6. Love this post...I really liked the Betty Boop versace dress :) super cute!
      Bec Boop
      http://becboopfashionistaworld.blogspot.ie/

      ReplyDelete
    7. I've seen the Kardashians a few times but can't say I watch it regularly. I like her style in the pics you posted. I agree colour blocking is fun and looks great in summer, if you're prepared to experiment with it. So many people are scared of anything too vibrant so we can learn a thing or too from her style.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for taking a look, I agree it's fun to try new looks and she certainly does! x

        Delete
    8. I don't watch the show, but I can see why you like Kourtney's style! It's quite simple and classic, not too in your face. I love the pieces you've picked out for her look, especially the playsuit and the grey bag :)

      L x
      fashionfor21.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Laura, I know I would love to own the Topshop playsuit and Zara bag <3

        Delete
    9. I love Kourtney's style, great post!

      ReplyDelete
    10. ooo I don't really pay much attention to the Kardashian's (loooove Kim's new perfume though) but that dress Kourtney has got on in the second picture is gorgeous. Might start watching their reality show for inspo now haha xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. you really should, they are all so funny! that's my fav look too! x

        Delete
    11. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of the Kardashians, but Kourtney's style is getting more unique I think.
      From what she is wearing in the photos you have used, I don't get why their collection for Dorothy Perkins still so plain and bland!

      I love your blog, just came across it! Fancy checking out mine?

      www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

      I'm now also following you on bloglovin !

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't really like the DP collection either, thank you for the comment x

        Delete
    12. Kourtney is definitely the most stylish Kardashian! I love all the items you've picked to achieve the look, especially the shorts :) xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. the shorts are very popular! I'd love to own them. Thanks for the comment too x

        Delete
    13. love those retro sunglasses! I've only just jumped on this kardashian thing so I'm a bit behind with all the series....but she's so cool! xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. she's my favourite! Thanks for the comment Ellie x

        Delete
    14. I don't watch the kardashians but I do take note of Kourtney's style and really impressed by her savvy choices.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, she makes some bold choices at times. thank you for the comment x

        Delete
    15. God I love her clothes!!! She always dresses so well!xx

      www.squidgymoments.ie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. she does! :-) thanks for the comment squidge x

        Delete
    16. Those orange shorts you've featured are to die for. I don't really watch the Kardashians but I always love their sense of style! :)

      www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, Topshop have fab colours in! Thank you for the comment x

        Delete
    17. I don't watch the Kardashians at all but I really like the pieces you've picked to reflect Kourtney's style. I got the Khloe Kardazzle palette a while ago and I use it almost every day x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I must check that out, the make up collection looks good x

        Delete
    18. I love the Kardashians!
      One of the main reason's why I want to go to Bora Bora is after watching their show, it looks amazing.
      Her style is so chic, love the outfit on the far right.
      I found your blog through Jessie's tag, now following :)

      www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Chanelle. I know, their holidays look so fantastic x

        Delete
    19. I love those girls! I think Kendall dresses closest to my style but Kourt has an awesome look too.

      Tara xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Kendall has a lovely style too, she has such a great model look x

        Delete
    20. I love, love, love this post. Kourtney is by far my fave. I really like her 'don't give a s**t' attitude and don't get me started on her style.

      Are you following her on Instagram? I have ultimate stalking sessions.

      Fifi x

      www.fifimcgee.co.uk

      ReplyDelete