Friday, 23 August 2013

This is Fashion.

 

I have been wanting to do this post for a while. Fashion is always revisiting different decades and past trends, and this is true of the Mod style. The film, This is England, and spin off Television Series, This is England'86, is the perfect example of the fashion and culture of that time (the Director Shane Meadows deserves his own post). The Mod style is influenced by the fashion and music (Ska, Jazz) of the mid 1960s, There are many interpretations of how to wear this look, as it is a trend that has evolved over time.This style, is once again being revived, and Topshop has given us a collection that is to be admired. 
Topshop look book offers inspiring fashion trends and styles. The collection, This is England is a gritty British look, paying homage to the 1980s. It has an androgynous feel, featuring boyfriend coats, traditional checks, and appealing denims, all true to the Topshop style. The statement bags and cut out shoes are my favourite pieces from this collection. The cut out detail on the boots and flat shoes will no doubt be on my A/W wishlist this year.



KATZ2 CUT OUT SHOES

I could easily make a wishlist, a day, from everything on the Topshop website. This collection, ticks all the boxes for me, mum jeans, pretty white shirts (a staple piece), and tartan pencil skirts that add a feminine touch to this Mod style.

one two three four (ASOS)

All these outfits (above) have elements of the Mod style. The boyfriend coat has the boyish silhouette and the oversized look that is on trend, and looks great with a tailored trouser. Ellie did this look perfectly over at Ellie's favourite things, take a look hereI hope it's not too soon to talk about winter coats. There are many styles that achieve this mod style, the Denim Jacket with faux fur collar (I would love a vintage Levi one), the Bomber jacket (perfect transition piece to take you through to autumn, Asos have some great prints available), and the Parker (an easy to wear item, that is cosy and comfy).

I just love outfit two, the buttoned down checked shirt with the Monki high waisted skirt, is very Mod inspired. The brogues shoes and satchel are accessories that can be worn with many other looks, so would be great investment pieces. 
You could even incorporate some men's wear (shirts, jackets and hats), and create your very own take on the Mod style. Even One Direction are wearing a style that is very reminiscent of the Mod era (tailored lines, braces, thin ties).

I hope you have enjoyed reading. What are your favourite pieces from the pictures above? Will you be wearing this style this A/W?
xxxx


38 comments:

  1. im not really into all the boyish mod shapes. i am loving that tartan pencil skirt though :)
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first skirt and the bracelet are my favourite! Love them!
    kisses

    http://visiononfashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt is so pretty, thank you for the comment x

      Delete
  3. I love the first look in the last photo - What great styling!

    And I agree, Topshop always do a good job of bringing back past trends :)

    Ps. Thanks for your comment today Christina, & just to let you know, I replied back on there :)

    A Chic Lifestyle - Mentoring Female Students to Think and Achieve BIG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanam,I think Topshop always do it right x

      Delete
  4. love those jeans you picked out from topshop!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fashion era, although I very much doubt I'd be able to pull it off. Great post!

    Harriet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Harriet, I'm sure you could :-) you could just wear an item or two x

      Delete
  6. I love these looks, especially the grey suit!!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am in love with those burgundy boots from topshop!! the fashion in this is england is amazing. Love this post :)
    xx

    ediestrustfund.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I really really want a pair x

      Delete
  8. Look #2 & #3 are great!!! Love this post!
    thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, really enjoying finding new blogs x

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I'd really love to follow each other if you like!

    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the boyfriend coat! x

    /kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, asos have so many lovely ones x

      Delete
  11. Such a good take on the regurgitation on fashion! Definitely a lot of old timers coming through in the coming season!
    fashionscholar.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true, thanks for the comment. you have such a great blog x

      Delete
  12. Great Post - I love This is England the film and agree the 80s isnpired fashion in the shops lately is on my wanted list!

    Alice x
    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like, I love this fashion trend too x

      Delete
  13. Those boot's are gorge!
    I'll probably pull this style off well. I have the body of a 12 year old boy ha ha! Great post hun.
    Chanelle Jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks Chanelle, I bet it would look great on you x

      Delete
  14. I love this trend - it's boyish yet so chic. I'll definitely be wearing it; I can't get enough of tartan at the minute! xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've seen some lovely tartan items. :-)

      Delete
  15. the mod look is fantastic but unfortunately is not one that suits me, the handbag is my favourite :) xx

    lookslikelara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a weakness for bags, and I love the Topshop one too x

      Delete
  16. eurgh, I am going to be so poor this winter. Everything is so cute. Great picks love!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your blog hun! just followed you on blogger, bloglovin and insta! keep in touch lovely xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm already following yours.really enjoying your latest posts x

      Delete
  18. Your site reminds me that I need to be more adventurous with fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well, going to try to be this A/W x

      Delete
  19. I love all these looks! Great style!

    I've recently started my own lifestyle blog, please check it out on...
    phazestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I just love this post! I'm so looking forward to 'rocking' the punk look this season and the tartan pencil skirt is exactly what I've been looking for thank you! You're blog is amazing hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete