Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Weekend Treats




This weekend, not one, but two sisters came home to visit. This only happens the occasional Christmas, so it was a treat in itself to have them both down. So, it was a full house at mine, and a crazy one at that.

One of my favourite shops is Urban Outfitters, I just adore the UO style. I popped into the Cardiff store recently, and picked up this fringe bar necklace (left). I have been wearing this everyday since, I love the design and the vintage gold look. The statement necklace (right), I bought at the weekend in the Topshop sale for £18.50 £8. I was instantly attracted to this necklace. The spike and stone detail, with the soft fabric colours, are the perfect combination. I can't wait to wear this with a simple white tshirt or cami. I think it's safe to say, I have a weakness when it comes to jewellery! 

My sister kindly went to the Pixi London store, and picked up Pixi Tonic Glow for me. It is only available to buy/order from this store, so I'm very happy to finally get my hands on it. I think there was a deal on, so she picked up the Pixi Makeup Remover as well (very sweet of her).
The Pixi Tonic Glow is a product that I have been keen to try for some time. It contains Glycolic Acid, which works as an exfoliant to improve the texture and appearance of your skin. I have added this product to my morning skin care routine, and I hope to report back a rave review! I really love the simplicity of the packaging, and the Tonic Glow smells so lovely, just as Lisette said it does in her Youtube haul

I took advantage of having both my sisters down, to take some family snaps. I bought this Diana camera on eBay. I have always wanted one, but I could not justify paying the high price tag. However, this beauty cost £25, and it came in it's original box, with the Diana F+ book, and a black and white film (I would call this an eBay bargain!). I'm by no means a photographer, my usual style is to point and shoot, and hope it comes out well. I had to watch a few You Tube videos, to help me work out how to put the film in. Then I was a little confused about how to take a picture. I honestly thought it would be a breeze to use. Nonetheless, I got there in the end. I plan to finish the film this week, and then get it developed, I'm excited to see the results. I do love the dreamy appearance of Lomography photographs. Fingers crossed, I managed to work this camera correctly, and have some lovely photographs to show. Any tips you may have are more than welcome!

I can't wait to visit London in September, and stay with my sisters. I have only recently told them about my blog, I was so nervous at the thought of them reading it, however, they have been very encouraging. Plus, they have given me the ok to go through their wardrobes and share my favourite pieces on here.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed. Have you tried any Pixi products before? What treats have caught your eye recently?
xxxx

40 comments:

  1. Aww I have a diana too! I love doing double exposures so theres two photos in one :-) Just be careful when you take the film out because if you don't wind it tight enough light can get in and bleach parts (though this can actually looked quite cool on some of mine haha). Look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, and on twitter! I seen the bleach effect, i quite like it :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the fringe necklace! It's sooo pretry!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I want to get myself a Diana sooo badly! You'll have to post some of your photos on here and show us all how they turn out ^v^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall, hopefully they come out well. not as good as yours (obvs) x

      Delete
  4. Wow that camera was a bargain! It looks so vintage I love it :)

    Alice x
    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it looks cute on my shelf as well :-)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!! I want one of these cameras also, think i saw a good deal on ASOS recently selling them for under £30 so when payday hits I may take a look :)

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually can't remember where I saw this now.. it was really cheap though - looks about £45 on ASOS but no film involved.

      Delete
    2. Aw, check ebay there are so many great deals for this camera. x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous time!! Remember the days when all cameras had to have a film put in them?! haha! Look forward to the Pixi review - I am a skin potions lover! I have recently been having ESPA facial peel facials which are amazing!!
    Missy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that facial sounds great, I will have to google it! I quite like using film now, makes a change lol x

      Delete
  7. Wow, can't believe what a steal your beautiful camera was? I'm excited to see the results of your photo-taking! :) Love your necklaces too. There are a couple in H&M I've got my eye on at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love H&M jewellery, great prices too! I hope they come out well x

      Delete
  8. That camera look's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it produces :)
    I love Urban Outfitter's! I have the cutest pug jumper from there. I need a little haul in there sometime soon.

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com || chanelle jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw sounds really cute! I would love to do a haul there too :-)

      Delete
  9. Yay for getting a Diana! You're gonna have so much fun with it, and the F+... you can buy so many accessories for it. I think you should have rolls of film in your giveaway...hahaha but that's just me of course :] Can't wait to see your photos

    Bas x

    anythingbas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that will be quite expensive! lol. I can't wait to take more, hopefully I will master the double exposure :-)

      Delete
  10. My Pixi Palette is my favourite thing in the world so I'd love to try the Glow Tonic! I need so much more Pixi stuff in my life tbh...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I will have to check out the palette next! :-)

      Delete
  11. Ooooh i love Pixi cosmetics! I basically use their energy glow everyday but it's been discontinued! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/
    Check out my Michael Kors Giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, I hate it when that happens! x

      Delete
  12. those necklaces are so so beautiful omg! and you got that Diana for such a bargain, i'm so so jealous!
    across the nightingale floor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,so glad i found it on ebay! x

      Delete
  13. Iove the fri ge necklace, new header is pretty cool too chick

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see your pictures :) It's lovely to have stumbled upon your site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley, I will pop over and say hello!

      Delete
  15. so amazing that your sisters came to visit! I really love both those necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wee Diana :D Mine is sitting on a shelf in my room. Still has film in it too. I'll use it up some day :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh i have some old 50's cameras and im still nervous to use them! Cant wait to see your snaps! I dont tell anyone about my blog either!
    natasha x
    adesignrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i adore the necklaces!!!

    Lonneke X
    lonnekeeez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete