Monday, 9 September 2013

cats vs dogs




Are you a cat person or a dog person? People are usually one or the other. I would call myself a dog person, as I have two cute beagles. This post features all cat themed items for cat lovers.
Recently, I discovered Leah Reena Goren's Etsy store through Pinterest. It's just purrrfect! Leah is an illustrator and surface pattern designer based in Brooklyn;
'I try to make the world more beautiful with my work'.
Leah's work is indeed beautiful. The handmade silk Picasso sacrf, above, is so pretty and precious. It's a perfect example of how wonderful her work is. I have ordered myself, a handmade cat top, I'm so excited for it to arrive. It's hard not to fall in love with the cat dress that is on her site. It reminds me of the cat dress and skater skirt that has been a popular buy from H&M.

The cat sweatshirt is from The Little Dear, a site I adore. It offers unique, vintage pieces and accessories. I have been admiring the patchwork crop jumper, and illustrated tote bags (cat tote bag). I love how The Little Dear stock a number of independent designers. I think it is important to support independent smaller brands. As a customer, I enjoy purchasing something that has been created/reworked by someone who has a passion for what they do. It also makes an item all the more special.

Another online store and independent brand, is These Folks. It's a brand that shares a love for felines and florals. There are a number of quirky, fun t-shirt and sweatshirt designs to chose from. A white t shirt is always such a great item to style and wear.
I would love to own some Lazy Oaf goodies. The cat body and ring are ideal for fashion/cat lovers, and although I'm more a dog person, I really love these items.
I hope you like all the items I have picked. There are so many cat themed products available, from shoes, bags, homeware, you name it - you can probably buy it! I have previously shared products by Paul & Joe, the cat lipstick case and make up bag are currently on my wishlist.


Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed. I will have part two up soon, sharing all things dog themed. It will be featuring my two beagles too...
PS All this cat talk has helped me decide on a Halloween costume! I'm excited to buy some ears and a tail, and dress up as a black cat! MEOW!
xxxx

33 comments:

  1. I am a dog lover =) although I do like cats, if I ever have one I would be to worried about letting it go outside on its own...
    I really like the cat socks!

    Hannah
    x
    Dainty&Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a total cat lover and badly want that Picasso print scarf! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! There's some awesome cat and dog Vans coming out in January! I can't find a photo online but theres one on my instagram of the photo in the catalogue haha they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lazy oaf cat top, it's so cute!

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute makeup bag! Your dog is gorgeous by the way!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those socks! I'd say im half a cat person, half a dog person(:

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these items are really cool, thanks for sharing some shops I've never heard of! I've also done a post about how cats are taking over fashion!
    Sophie x | The Style Picnic

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOH! I love all the kitty things! :) I love cats, but I have to say I love me some dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kitty socks are so cute!!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little purse and knee high socks are adorable! :o
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to enter my Soap & Glory giveaway :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The knee high socks are adorable!!! hehe Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. 100% Team Doggies! Can't wait for that post but I like the LO ring. ;)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little cat ring is the cutest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm greedy and love both!! I think I have fallen in love with everything on here! Can't wait for part 2! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely a cat person :) Love those socks!

    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all so cute!! Especially love the cat ring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the body suit and socks :) I have a vintage cat scarf from a charity shop which I lovee.


    hannah bee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the body suit, I've been saving up for ages. The ring is so good as well!! I already have lots of cat items - I'm also a massive dog person as well though. Cats and dogs! XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm more of a dog lover but I do have a cat too, I love the ring and the scarf, so cute! Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all this stuff, although I would, being a typical crazy cat-lady. I like the jumpsuit especially, and the picasso scarf :)

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those socks are amazing! Such a fun idea for a post! I love dogs, but for some reason I'm always more attracted to things with cats on : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. that cat top will be mine, been spying that at lazy oaf for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmm I'm a cat person more but I like most dogs! I need those socks in my life, so adorable!

    xo, Karen | sugarthesky.blogspot.com
    twitter: @sugarthesky

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog sweet!
    I really love this post! All the car things are soooo cute!
    I look forward to the dog eddition - especially if your dogs will make an appearance!

    Love PixiRella xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would definitely say I am a dog person. In fact, I'm a bit afraid of cats. They are so mysterious.. At least you know where you are with a dog! However, those socks with cats on the knees are too cute! :) love them! Great post xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all really cute items!! I'm definitely more of a cat person myself so very much looking forward to your part 2 post on doggies :)

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Definitely a dog person! I do love the cat makeup bag though x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm definitely a cat person! I need some of these lovely kitty things in my life! x

    Janelle
    http://amintdaydream.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like doglike cats and catlike dogs, but definitely leaning towards doglike cats (they're self-cleaning!). I don't know how much of either I want on my stuff, although some is definitely cute!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my god cats!!!! I love the scarf, it is amazing! I am thinking a black cat for Halloween too. My sister just moved to a tiny village that is really into halloween so I am bullying her into letting me come over and make the whole house halloweenie and make some kids life (and mine)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  31. That Lazy Oaf bodysuit is incredible! I must own it!

    Cara xxx

    Glacial Glow

    ReplyDelete
  32. I need that cat jumper in my life! :) xx

    -Natasha
    www.hernameistashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete