Thursday, 5 September 2013

Hello September.


Autumn is fast approaching (it officially starts on September 22nd), and it seems a lot of us are excited about this. I have recently read some lovely posts about all the wonderful things that come with this month, and change in season (Chelsea's and Rosie's,to name two). So I thought I would share a few things I enjoy about it.

I am looking forward to the colder weather, it's the perfect excuse for me to wear a beanie. I do enjoy wearing a beanie, although I would not call myself a hat person and I probably look silly in one (Oh well). However, I feel so cosy when I pop on a knitted hat. I will be purchasing a new one this year, either from Primark or Topman. The neon coloured beanies, and those with 'swag' written on the front are not for me. I tend to buy fishermen style beanie hats, and bobble onesI may even buy a knitted beret this year, we will see.
Autumn is my favourite season by far. I love the change in colours, the orange and red leaves that begin to fall from the trees. The cooler weather allows us to throw on our warm knits, and wear pretty layers. I have already bought a fluffy black cardigan that I can't wait to wear

I'm looking forward, to capturing the change in season, on film. I have bought a colour film for my Diana camera to use when I'm out walking the two beagles down the woods and beach (I really would love to learn how to take a double exposure photograph). 

Also, I want to learn to knit! I plan hope to knit my very own scarf. I have no idea how long it will take me, or how it will turn out, but it will be fun to learn something new. It does sound like a relaxing thing to do, don't you think? I will keep you updated with my progress (with pictures).



Thank you for reading. I hope you have enjoyed. Do you have any plans this month? What is your favourite thing about Autumn?
xxxx


Images from Pinterest

37 comments:

  1. Getting excited about Autumn now, can't wait to get a new bobble hat!
    Jo x

    alittlepopofcoral.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about Autumn! Summer is great but I can't wait to get back into my layers and knitwear again :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I'm planning on learning to knit as well
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will pop over and say hello! xx

      Delete
  4. I love these pictures. I have a mustard beanie like it in the first picture. It makes my face look like death though...yet I can't bring myself to part with it.One day I will find out how to rock mustard. May I ask why you have so many random words in italics? I can't figure it out. Sometimes it hurts my eyes a little.

    xxx Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being rude, just curious :)

      Delete
    2. haha it's fine! no reason really, I liked the way it looked :-/ I will keep italics to 2 or 3 words next time. Thanks for the letting me know. :-)xx

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I usually don't feel it is necessary or right to criticise anyone, but recently many of the bloggers whom I read have been asking on twitter for feedback on their blogs, so it made me think that it might be a good thing to speak up, especially when I love the blog in general as I do yours :] xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the link :) nice to know I'm appreciated hehe!
    I do love all the knitwear that autumn brings, and I've *always* wanted to be able to knit myself something, but sadly I just don't have the patience, or the skill!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure! you wrote a lovely post. I can't imagine I will be very good at knitting :- xx

      Delete
  6. I love the way this post is set up, it's so cute. I'm definitely excited to wear beanies, though I totally don't suit them either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha as long as we're happy wearing one! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. YAY the beanie weather is coming - you always do such nice posts, very nicely presented! Do you use an app to make them like this with the like faded boarders?

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's just a frame. I use fotor and picmonkey online. Very easy, I do spend ages picking out fonts though Lol x

      Delete
  8. can't wait either, i want this 100+ weather where i live to be gone. sadly i don't think ill be seeing actual fall weather till october :/ also, thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :-) I'm sure I will be wishing for warm weather again, once the rain comes! xx

      Delete
  9. I want to knit something too but I keep forgetting to buy needles! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I will tweet you and remind you! :-) xx

      Delete
  10. I'm so excited for Autumn to come as well! My favourite thing is the fashion I reckon.. LOVE it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there's so much I want at the moment. A whole new wardrobe! xx

      Delete
  11. i love autumn and winter so much more than summer, layers and bobble hats are my number ones! such a lovely post :-) xxx

    http://lauralovesthat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I really can't wait to buy a new bobble hat :-) xx

      Delete
  12. ah can't wait for the colder months! this heat is killing me ahhhh. definitely need to whip out the knitted jumpers haha
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love knitted jumpers. Thanks for the comment hun xx

      Delete
  13. I'm sad to see summer go but it will be fun to get my jumpers and boots back out. I'd love to learn to knit too!

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It will be fun :-) xx

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Baggy Cardigans and kicking leaves, hands down!

    Lauren | Belle du Brighton x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful post! I've just found your blog and I love it xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Essie, I'm coming over to say hello now :-)

      Delete
  17. this post is very pretty to look at!!

    I love hats! I don't have a beanie yet but this winter I'm definitely investing in one. I say go get a beret! I have a mini collection of them and think they're fantastic. Can't imagine colder months without them now. I love a good jumper too.

    Knitting is one of those skills I'd love to have, but I know I'd never have enough patience to actually do it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will think about buying a beret hehe. I really think we should all start knitting this Autumn, I have no clue how! x

      Delete
  18. Oh I love autumn ! :) Jumpers, hot chocolate, apple strudel...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE everything about this post! Autumn is my absolute favourite, I love to layer up!
    Also the pictures are soo pretty! I'm just getting too excited now.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete