Sunday, 20 October 2013

i love Sundays

sundays_fashion_books_lazy_days


Sunday is by far my favourite day of the week, let me list a few of the reason why. Sunday morning usually involves reading some blogs, and flicking through You Sunday Magazine. It's a day that feels quieter than the rest, as most people like to spend the day at home. I will take one of the dogs out, either down the beach or the common (walking two dogs is mayhem for me, so I take in it turns to take them out). This Sunday, we headed over to the common, which is only a stones throw away from my house.

It was my birthday this week. I'm not a big birthday person, but I did manage to devour a whole cake with a a little help from others. The flowers in the pictures, were a birthday surprise from the boyfriend. Rarely does he buy me something that I don't know about, so it was such a lovely moment when I answered the door to a big bouquet of flowers.

The book, above, arrived this week. I have seen the film, The Virgin Suicides, but wanted to read the book in the hope it reveals more. The film left me asking many questions, so much went unsaid and the dream-like vagueness led me to purchasing this novel. I think this book will be a very good read.
I have also included my two Topshop buys, above. An oversized cropped top, and a jumper that has a cute wee bear on it. These have been worn all week, the striped top is so comfy. I'm loving Topshop far too much recently, and I plan on buying a pretty textured pink top next! Why must everything in Topshop be so pretty?

Next, the Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. A face mask with a lovely scent and texture, it is ideal for a Sunday beauty treat. I have enjoyed this product so far, and I hope to do a review soon. The rest of the night will involve, some blog reading, the x factor results, and a hot chocolate (I wished I had marshmallows).

I was hoping to write a post that had a moral at the end. However, I do think it's the little things, like reading a book, flowers, that we should take enjoyment from. This is how my Sunday has looked, and it has been a very care-free day. Monday, fingers crossed, will be a productive day and will involve writing a cover letter or three (fun!).

I quite enjoyed having a ramble, it has been a fun post to write. I hope you are having a good Sunday. How do you enjoy your Sundays?
xxxx



34 comments:

  1. Ooo I haven't heard of this book before, is it good? I love a good read and I'm always looking for new ones. My Sunday's are very similar to yours.. I take my dogs out (I have 6 so I take 2 at a time) sometimes end up in a tangle haha! It's a no make-up, face masks, bubble bath, PJs, blogging, reading, listening to old music kind of day for me. Oh and the odd spot of online shopping too! I hope you had a lovely birthday :) xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Virgin Suicides! The book And the film are both great in equal measure! So beautiful and tragic too! Your Sunday sounded lovely, it's a great day to relax...though I don't get to do that much anymore! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( good to hear the book is as good as the film x

      Delete
  3. That quote by MM is so lovely. I haven't heard of the book or film but I love to read on Sunday mornings in bed. :) Happy belated birthday, I hope you had a lovely day!! <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sundays. It's too bad it's followed by a Monday, booo! Hope you like the book version, I found it as beautiful as the film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, lazy Sunday's..*swoon*
    The little teddy on that sweater is adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jumper with the little happy bear - how cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is such a lovely, happy little post, it really made me smile :) xoxo
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spend Sundays reading blogs and then walking the doggy too. I used to get to read you mag till the man stopped buying the Sunday paper :(
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday sweet! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday :) love the flowers

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy late birthday! That's so sweet how your boyfriend surprise you, awwww!
    Love this post and your photography :) I've got the Virgin Suicides too, once my course calms down I'm definitely going to get around to reading it! I loooove Sundays, mainly just being as lazy as possible!
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday!! I love the Marilyn Monroe quote. Such a motivation for life's bad days.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Naomi

    www.notfromvenus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on devouring the cake. Sounds like something I would do ;) hehe.

    Happy -late- Birthday lovely!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to LOVE Sundays before I entered the med school. Now every day is the studying day, so I cannot fully enjoy my Sundays.

    Have fun reading The Virgin Suicides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah busy Sunday :( thank you I will enjoy the book! X

      Delete
  15. Just wanted you to know that I've nominated you for a blogging award. The following link won't go live until tomorrow at 5pm, but here's a heads up :)

    http://emslf.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I can’t find your email. I want to ask a question about your dogs, so can you email me back?
    –Shaye
    shayewalsh1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete