Monday, 14 October 2013

Inspired.



This post is about my newly found source of inspiration. I recently discovered this designer and her wonderful work during London Fashion week. The Irish Designer being Orla Kiely. I was captivated by the images of her innovative S/S 14 presentation. I loved the creativity behind it, and detail, plus the models wore berets (yes!). I can only imagine how enjoyable the experience of watching this presentation/show live was.

So, I have been following Orla Kiely on Instagram, and it has fast become my favourite account to follow. I particularly loved that Margot Tenenbaum from The Royal Tennebaums was mentioned as a muse, as well as Mia Farrow and Patti Boyd. The  throw back style translates perfectly in Orla Kiely's designs and patterns. Zooey Deschanel is a big fan, known for her quirky and playful style, they are the perfect match.

I adore the 60's inspired A/W collection. The olivesplums, and signature prints will certainly inspire my wardrobe this season. The Climbing Daisy Velet Holly Bag is just utterly beautiful!
I have chosen some of my favourite images (above), that include past and present collections, film stillsbehind the scenes, and features from magazines. I do fall for the vintage/retro look so easily, it is oh-so-feminine! Follow Orla Kiely on Instagram here, and on Pinterest here for more inspiration, and beauty.

(Yes, another post featuring an image of Alexa Chung)

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. What decade inspires you? I would love to know.

xxxx

19 comments:

  1. Alexa Chung and Zooey Deschanel both mentioned in the same post - HAPPY :D
    Also, I really like Orla as a name! Also also I love the boat print dress and I wish I could wear yellow.
    xx

    http://fillmylittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your taste, it's very similar to what I would say I liked. I wish we were born in the 60's but with the technology that we have today. Blake Lively has done some gorgeous 60's shoots as well, she's another favourite of mine.
    & I absolutely adore Zooey Deschanel shes so so pretty and dresses really cute :) xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Orla Kiely made me want to wear berets again. Come at me winter I am beret ready!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about Orla Kiely's collections, so nostalgic and wonderfully quirky too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post!
    Such amazing inspiration.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Definitely my type of thing too <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these retro vibe photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. this post is so perfect, so much of this is my style! all the dresses are gorgeous omg <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Orla Kiely and I never knew she was Irish! :)

    Yay to cool Irish ladies ;) xx

    www.squidgymoments.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I love this! The 60's has to be one of my favourite decades for fashion & beauty! Such a cool post!!

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orla Kiely designs are so beautiful and feminine aren't they? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Orla Kiely! I'm forever gutted that I didn't get a piece from her collaboration with Uniqlo :'( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am officially in love with this collection! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her, her designs are so pretty and vintage
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Thanks for sharing. I haven't thought about berets in a long while but may be they need to come out of the closet.

    Remotely Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog! Can we follow each other? Write me on my blog or follow me and i follow you:)

    XOXO

    Vik Ladyla - fashion blog
    vik-ladyla.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post :)

    www.meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete