Wednesday, 2 October 2013

My Favourites


James Pringle Weavers Scarf / Daniel Sandler EyeLiner c/o My Bag / Miss Dior / IT Alexa Chung

These are a few things I have been enjoying recently. It features my first piece of tartan, and a book I was far too excited to get my hands on. I have not blogged in over a week (which feels like a long time). I find blogging a welcome distraction, however, I have been less productive in other areas. I am still applying for jobs, and I really hope to get one soon. 

It was my mum's birthday last weekend, and my sister surprised her by coming down for the weekend. It's was lovely spending time with my mum and sister. We bought her flowers and tickets to see Marti Pellow in Evita. My mum was a big fan of Wet Wet Wet
My sister bought me a tartan scarf (above), and I'm thrilled to have some tartan in my life at last! It's a beautiful scarf in soft shades of blue, brown and white. It's nice to have tartan in these colours, as a change to the traditional reds and greens. The weather has gone a little dull and bleak recently, so it's just as well I have this darling scarf to keep me cosy. 


I have a love/hate relationship with eyeliner. I would love to master the 'cat eye', with the subtle flick of eye-liner in the corner of the eye. Unfortunately, I do not find this easy, and no matter how careful I am, it can go a little wrong. This is when practice comes in, and bloggers tips and tutorials. The Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner has become a favourite of mine. I use the shade Grey Velvet, a soft colour that is smooth to apply. I'm hoping my eyeliner skills will improve the more I try and master the cat eye look. 

I recently ran out of the perfume, Princess by Vera Wang. I decided to go for the popular Miss Dior (below) as my new scent. My dad kindly bought this at the airport, after coming back from holiday. The scent is a delight, it is romantic and feminine. The bottle is very chic, with a vintage appeal. It's a classic scent, that I will enjoy and no doubt repurchase. What is your favourite perfume? I would love to know.




Alexa Chung's tips on how to take a good self-portrait ('selfie'). Let me just refer to a blogger who has mastered this, Eleanor at Eleanor's Corner. I do adore the self-portraits that she features on her blog.


Jane Birkin inspired Alexa Chung 'with infinite outfit ideas and the confidence to dress like a boy but act like a girl'.

 

Lastly, Alexa Chung's début book 'IT'. This book was written by the style icon herself. It is a collection of illustrations, photographs and musing. 'IT', is no autobiography, nor a book that is going to cause a stir in the literacy world. However, this book gives us an insight into what inspires Alexa Chung, and a few tips along the way. I think this book is like a charming scrapbook, and her doodles and relaxed/witty style of writing, just reflects how down to earth she is. Alexa is not following suit by publishing an autobiography, or a style guide to create her look, but something a little different. This is why Alexa Chung is a style icon, because she does it her way. This book is a fun read, as well as being a gorgeous book to look at. It is a great Christmas present for anyone who is a fan of hers. 

Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed. What have you been enjoying recently? Have you read 'IT'?
xxxx

41 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere! Haven't read 'IT' but have heard from lots of people that it's worth a go. Maybe the Christmas elves will bring me one :o)
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i hope the elves don't forget to bring you this book x

      Delete
  2. Keep hearing good things about the Alexa book! I am definitely going to have to check it out, interesting to hear what you thought XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a fun read, takes about an hour to get through.lolx

      Delete
  3. I really want to pick up Alexa's book, it looks beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the book is such a pretty pink, you should treat yourself :-)

      Delete
  4. Miss Dior is my favourite!! I absolutely love it, its such a lovely scent! I've also been hearing a lot about this book, I'll have to put it on my Xmas list! :-)

    Thanks so much for your comment, I love hearing from you as always! CBT also helped me a lot too. I started getting panic attacks when I overworked during my last year at uni, I didn't know what was happening and I got really scared. I didnt know I had anxiety, I just thought something bad was happening to my health or my heart, which became the trigger for attacks for a couple of years, and was eventually told I had health anxiety. I have been ok since learning more about anxiety, which goes to show that talking about things like this really really helps people. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visiting your blog, there is always something new and different to read. Thank you for sharing this, i had no idea that you had been through anxiety yourself. I think it helps so much to learn about it, and understand it's a natural reaction and it's something that can be controlled. I always count myself lucky, that i was able to manage it. x

      Delete
  5. Oooo love the tartan scarf! I really want to try Miss Dior!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really lovely, very happy with it x

      Delete
  6. You gotta come visit me, I'll take you to shops that have tartan in more colours than you can imagine! Lol I fancy that book, I think I'll drop some hints for Christmas presents :)
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i can only imagine how much tartan you have seen in your life. the book is fab x

      Delete
  7. That books looks great, might have to add it to my Christmas list!

    alittlepopofcoral.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it, perfect little present. x

      Delete
  8. it seems I am going to have to invest in this book! I have heard such good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it, plus it looks very pretty on my shelf :-)

      Delete
  9. I really love your new scarf, I think it makes a change from the 'typical' tartan shades and is super pretty! I've been getting in on the tartan action too and I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks carly. I know, there are some lovely tartan pieces about. would love to know what you bought x

      Delete
  10. I've bought It but am yet to open it - just been too busy but hoping I can read it at the weekend.
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your scarf. I am soo happy it is getting colder now so that I can start to wear my tartain scarf again!
    Alice x
    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm very chuffed with my tartan scarf, winter is all about scarfs and mittens for me :-)

      Delete
  12. I also have Alexa's book and I love it! I find it super inspiring, plus the chic look is lovely :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, i will be looking through it when i need some inspiring x

      Delete
  13. This book sounds so interesting! And I love Alexa Chung, I would love to buy it <3

    xoxo
    Shalane
    www.fashionmoodboard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, plus christmas isn't far away ;)

      Delete
  14. I really like the sound of the book, it definitely looks like a fun read!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, i can imagine alexa chung had lots of fun making it. x

      Delete
  15. love the scarf and good luck in the job hunt...i'm looking for one myself atm :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. good luck to you too. so easy to get distracted... lol

      Delete
  16. It isn't available yet here in the States, but I've pre-ordered it and cannot wait. So glad I discovered your blog <3

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a pretty book. thank you for a lovely comment x

      Delete
  17. oh my gosh I want that book it looks great!
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a quick read, but really fun to look through. x

      Delete
  18. that scarf is so pretty! and it is an awesome book, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i just had to write about it on the blog x

      Delete
  19. I haven't read IT but I definitely will when I get round to buying it! I loveee the tartan scarf :)

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh I love your scarf so much! Such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That scarf is such a lovely set of blues!! I love it. That perfume is also one of my all time favourites, perfect scent!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete