Thursday, 21 November 2013

Home Sweet Home #1

pretty_homeware_decor_home

Ballerina framed print
Gold star-burst frame / Diptyque candle / Trinket box / Peony Bowl

I have decided to do a weekly post, called Home Sweet Home, featuring my favourite home accessories and interiors. The above, would look perfect on a dresser, or bedside table.
Firstly, I have chosen a Gold Star-burst frame, that compliments the minimal colour palette above, and is a lovely buy from Laura Ashley
The Diptyque candle, is a popular purchase for bloggers. I have seen numerous beauty blogs, that feature this candle in their photographs. There is a chic and Parisian feel to the design, and I would personally love to have a little collection of these, to light, in the evenings. However, these sought after candles do not come cheap. I have noticed, that these 'designer candles', although very pretty, do cost a lot more than the average candle.  
The trinket box, above, is from the Butterfly Home range by Matthew Williamson. I have always wanted a glass jewellery box, so this really is a gem in my eyes. It's ideal to keep your jewellery, and little treasured possessions, in. The Peony Bowl, would lighten up a room, with it's wonderful cream peonies display.
The Ballerina framed print is a soft and dreamy image of two ballerinas. I recently watched Black Swan for the very first time, and was very taken by the film, so was looking for a ballet-themed item. All the above items, have a feminine and light touch, that would look so precious in the home.

I hope you enjoyed. What is your favourite item in your home? I've been phone-less for a week, so I've not been able to take photographs :( I have lots of lifestyle posts planned for when I do have my phone back though!
xxxx


39 comments:

  1. Ooh the trinket box is super sweet! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am moving house in Jan and that picture frame would look gorgeous in it!

    Jo ★ | A Little Pop Of Coral

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so exciting hope you have a good move! X

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pieces! You have a great taste of style! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea for a series of posts, I look forward to seeing what else you come up with! These are particularly useful for me now that moving house is on my horizons :D

    From this post I particularly love the trinket box, it is very, very pretty xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting your moving, perfect excuse to decorate! X

      Delete
  5. These are perfect housing decorations, so clean and simple and beautiful!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh the peony bowl is so lovely. Love clean and crisp and minimalist - totally the opposite to how my house always looks! Great idea for a series of posts, always great to find inspiration.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same don't worry! Always inspired by pretty decor though x

      Delete
  7. I love the Ballerina print and the trinket box!! They look awesome.

    I really love home decor, so I'll bee waiting for your next post! Such a great idea, love it!! :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the gold photo frame, it looks silver in the photo and very art deco! Also what a sweet little ballerina print - they have tons of postcards with gorgeous vintage ballerina costumes on them at the royal opera house shop and every time I go I'm tempted to get another postcard for my wall! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, such a great idea! Will be on the postcard hunt from now on! X

      Delete
  9. I love the ballerina photo it's beautiful!
    xxxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the trinket box but everything is so pretty! <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for tweeting me your link before I love your blog! I've wanted to get more into home-wear and these posts are actually going to help me so much, bloglovin and I can't wait for whats to come!x
    weekendrambles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, will be doing more in the new year xx

      Delete
  12. Diptyque candles are a splurge, they are sooo worth it! My favorite scent is Baies! Really love the peony bowl- may have to add that to my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you said they are worth it, hoping they will be in the jan sales .. Wishful thinking x

      Delete
  13. Peony bowls exist?! Need, for all the peonies I plan on bullying my boyfriend into buying me in the summer of 2014. A peony vase would be a gift that kept giving!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol your comments always make me laugh! X

      Delete
  14. i love homeware and home accessories too. I haven't bought too much as I live in a rented property and the thought of having to move everything out with me when I leave puts me off, but when i buy my own place, I'm going to go wild for this stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing your room tour I can imagine you will buy such pretty things x

      Delete
  15. I love the vase with flowers like that since it makes the house looks more warm and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, flowers can brighten up a room! :)

      Delete
  16. Great post - I love your collages! They are always very pretty. I am obsessed with homeware lately, I wish I had a gorgeous trinket box like that :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love cute homeware too x

      Delete
  17. These are some really pretty items - especially drawn to the trinket box and peony bowl. Looking forward to your next posts too x
    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, going to start doing them in the new year thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  18. Ah I love these posts!
    Very pretty things. I keep buying small homey items for when I move next year :D
    Mia
    x
    pretty eclectic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw lush, you will have quite the collection when you move then :)

      Delete