Sunday, 29 December 2013

happy feet #3

nike_free_runs_blogger

NIKE FREE TR FIT 3 BP c/o sportshoes.com 


Christmas is over, all the food has been eaten, the tree has been planted in the garden, and the new year is only days away. It all goes by so quickly. This is always the time of year where I become reflective about the year just gone. I know, many like to make new years resolutions, and have exciting goals and plans for the year ahead. My main goal is to be a healthier me, food wise and through exercise.
Once upon a time, when I was much younger, I used to love sports and swimming. I loved being part of a team, and making new friends along the way. I guess, blogging is very similar in this sense. I used to play netball, run cross country, and enjoy being active. Now, I'm less excited at the thought of exercise. I would like this to change. This year, I would love to be able to run a couple of miles for fun (yes, for FUN!). 

I'm so pleased that I have the perfect footwear to help me achieve my goal. These Nike Free cross training shoes, are designed to deliver comfort, support, and to mimic barefoot running. As you can see from the pictures, I headed to the beach to give them a test run. The concept and process behind the Nike Free shoes, makes for an interesting read. Nike are always so creative and innovative when it comes to design. N.B. Kim Kardashian wears a very similar pair of Nike's to these.
It is also a plus, that Nike Free Runs have become a stylish shoe to own. Fitness and fashion are quite the pair. I have always been interested in retro footwear and brands such as Nike and Gola. I think an outfit teamed with trainers, or Converse, can look great. So, I'm sure I will be wearing these Nike shoes more often than planned.

I'm lucky enough to have two people in my family to inspire me. My two sisters have both completed marathons (Paris) and completed the Tough Mudder 2013. So, I guess running and exercise can be fun. I'm fortunate to live near the Gower, and have a cycle and running path close to my house, so I have no excuse not to be active. I hope I can achieve my goal, and come to enjoy going for a run.

Thank you for reading, and a Happy New Year to you! What is your favourite way to keep fit?
xxxx


33 comments:

  1. Good luck! My goal for 2014 is to be a lot more healthy and active, too. I took up ballet and swimming pretty regularly this year but I want to ramp it up for next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great you have taken up ballet and swimming! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so unhealthy compared to you, it's insane! I've never been that into exercise but I've always loved dancing! I've been going to ballet on and off for years and stopped recently because I injured my foot :( I think it's healed now so I'm determined to get back into it in the new year!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I wished I did ballet growing up. I'm not healthy at all, have to start somewhere! :-)

      Delete
  3. Being more healthy and active is one of my goals as well, except I hate running so I have invested in new swim kit, I would love to be able to swim a mile in under 45mins! Good luck with your goals!
    xo, Miriam
    http://englishmademoisellediaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great goal, and swimming is such good exercise - heard it works all muscles. good luck! x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful snaps! I'd love to be more active, I got a new pair of hiking boots just before Christmas and I definitely want to use them more. These are really cute, love that KK has a similar pair!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I've always loved the idea of going hiking for the day! :-)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pictures, snazzy trainers! I like running too but have lost it a bit this year. Maybe next year...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this year we should both start running x

      Delete
  6. Good on you!! And having the right gear makes it way easier to really get going with exercise. I love running, but have got massively out of the habit this autumn. In the new year, I am definitely starting up again- and I'd love to do Tough Mudder!
    Alice | The Cup and Saucer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, these are so light too. Tough Mudder sounded really fun to be fair! x

      Delete
  7. loving your new trainers missy! :) hmmm, keep fit...I actually kind of dont :/ other than dog walking, which is better than nothing right? :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics! I really want to get fit in the New Year too, I'll be doing loads more exercise! fingers crossed it pays off health AND body-wise for me!!

    Have a very Happy New Year lovely!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my fingers are crossed for us both! we just have to add some exercise to our routines ;-) x

      Delete
  9. Great pics - are you on a beach?

    Good for you for feeling inspired and getting fit - running has never been a forte of mine, I love swimming but more recently took up pole dancing / fitness. Such a great work out, and great for strength and toning up too. Plus it's fun and £5 a lesson.

    Although got out of the habit over the past few months, but starting back Jan!

    Good luck with your fitness !!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed! I still think you should invest in a pole, for your home ;)

      Delete
  10. I want to change my attitude towards exercise this year too! Look these Nikes. Want them so bad!
    Cute blog! Thanks for sending me your link on twitter. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! following urs :-) There is a great sale on at the moment mind ;)

      Delete
  11. Those shoes do look ridiculously comfortable!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those shoes! I need a new pair of gym trainers..
    Think I'll get some for my birthday :D Happy New Year! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your trainers perfect for everyday and excercise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, feel very lucky! :-) Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  14. I really want to get properly fit this year too, I'd love some nike frees you're so lucky!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel lucky! Happy new year Lauren! x

      Delete
  15. I need to find me a pair of these because they look amazing and would certainly help the daily dog power walks! Beautiful photos.

    Ella - xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so much lighter than my old pair, and they are great to wear when out with the beagles ;) xx

      Delete
  16. Go for it Christina! Sounds like a great goal and clearly you have a trusty pair of trainers to support you through training ;) xx

    http://vintagetearoses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love that these shoes are in fashion indeed. The Nike Free 3 is probably the best shoe I've ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely post and absolutely adore your photos (all of them! but especially the ones on this post. So sweet!) Happy (very belated) new year to you too! my favourite way to keep fit...I recently joined a gym and hope to improve my running, but I like rowing too!

    Thanks for sharing your link with me on Twitter :) I couldn't help but follow you! Love your blog.

    Jo xxx

    www.shewearsburgundy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete