Monday, 6 January 2014

Allsorts



I was very excited to go shopping, and check out the sales in store. I purchased a couple of sales items and a couple of full priced ones - all pictured above.
The retro style clock is my favourite of these purchases. I first saw it, when buying my mum's Christmas present in HomeSense. This store, has everything - furniture, candles, stationery, kitchenware, and more - 'Unique finds, Irresistible prices'. I went back after Christmas for another look around, and decided then to buy the pastel pink clock for my bedroom. I also took a fancy to the large, floor cushions that they sell. So I'm sure I will be returning to HomeSense soon.

The Topshop lace and mesh bra, was my first purchase in the sales. I really love the lingerie sets at Topshop, and I always seem to pick up a bra or two in the sales. I love the emerald green lace against the black. I tend to avoid heavily padded bras, and find this style far more attractive. I picked this up for £10. I also picked up a couple of rings, with turquoise and purple stone detail. The new jewellery collection in store is oh-so-pretty!

I purchased Antipodes Aura manuka honey mask in the feel unique sale. I have started to read more, and more beauty blogs. This has resulted in wanting more, and more beauty products. There are so many brands/products, I would love to try. This year, I'm determined to find the perfect foundation, my current favourite being Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
The  Anitpodes honey mask goes on so smoothly, and can be used as an everyday mask. Like honey, it is very sticky, and smells so good (good enough to eat!). Simply, apply a thick layer, leave for 15 minutes or so, then rinse. It is ever so gentle, the most gentle mask I have ever used. Manuka honey 'draws moisture to your skin' and hydrates. It also helps clear blemishes - I'm hoping this to be true! 

Lastly, the candle was half price (plus free delivery), from The Body Shop. It is Vanilla and Tonka Bean, a scent I instantly loved. This candle, for me, has a cinnamon smell to it, warm and comforting. It is said to 'help smooth the mind', and the combination of Vanilla and Tonka bean, is the perfect scent for my bedroom.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. Did you buy anything in the sales? I have lots of posts planned for 2014, and I'm excited to make this year as good as the last! It has been very inspiring reading everyone's goals for the year ahead - I hope everyone has a fantastic year!
xxxx

19 comments:

  1. Lush little pictures, I love the indie feel filter feel to your photos.
    The little clock is my favourite, its gorgeous!
    I would definitely buy this myself as a decorative item also :)
    The bra is sexaaaah too!

    right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY nice sale picks. I would snap all of those up myself! In particular the turquoisey ring...just for the matching Iranian-ness! Although I do like that purple colour too. I've never heard of HomeSense before but that clock is awesome so I shall check it out :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Topshop for underwear! It is so fairly priced (unlike the rest of their stuff). I always pick up underwear in their sales. Love the mesh panels on this little guy, racey but still sweet! The clock is great too, a cheeky purchase for your room or home is always a good move! All the best for 2014 bb!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos!
    Love all of these little bits...kind of jealous I haven't picked up anything magnificent in the sales yet....is that because you've bagged the good stuff?!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh vanilla candles are the best! I bought my mum a few for Christmas :)

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mask sounds amazing but sadly the discount isn't enough to tempt me! <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty bra. That face mask sound awesome, need to try it
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some gorgeous things, I love that bra and the candle sounds lovely!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh the honey mask sounds really lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That clock looks so coool, and from what you say that candle sounds so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sent me your link on twitter! Love your blog <3 X

    mynameisjilly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to update my skincare routine a little this year! That honey mask sounds really lovely and honey is meant to be amazing for blemishes :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great picks, lady! I feel like I missed all the best sales due to my end of term assignments ;/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same, beauty blogs make me want to buy so much! The mask sounds so lovely, hope it works! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, I didn't buy anything particularly reduced, but only buying anyway :) I love honey for skin, so this mask must be great! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've wanted to try that face masks for months. I love your clock. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love home sense! We always go christmas present shopping there, such lovely little finds! Got some things for our tree this year too! (cute little hedgehogs and robins!)
    Lovely post chick :-)

    Gabby @ whatshebuys101.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete