Sunday, 26 January 2014

home sweet home #2


 Or

I am moving out. Finally. It was always the plan to find somewhere to rent, however, it has happened so fast. The bungalow, we will be moving into, will be ours this week. So, the boyfriend and I will moving all our bits and bobs, over the next couple of weeks.
I must admit, all this change has made me feel a little anxious. There have been changes in work - new offices, new staff, a new route to work. It may not be a big deal for some, however, all these little changes have made me feel uneasy. Plus, the only reason I'm able to move out, is because of this job - so I must stick with it and try to enjoy it there.

Anyhow, I have spent much of today on Pinterest, and on Etsy, admiring the home decor. It is so easy to get carried away looking at these dream rooms, and pretty home accessories. Pinterest, for me, is the ultimate escapism, and  source of inspiration. I have so many ideas of how I would love my new home to look.

I came across many ceramic bowls, vases etc on etsy. I do love the idea of having a shelf, or fireplace scattered with vases, glass bottles, and candles. It would also, make the room feel fuller, as we don't have much furniture to start. Etsy is the perfect place to purchase such things, handmade, vintage, pre-loved, and the prices can be very reasonable. It's safe to say, I have my eye on a few items - expect many homeware posts to follow. I am torn between having, cream and neutral coloured ceramics, for a modern and softer look, or, having a colourful display of ceramics, like above. I think, I will have to do more pinterest research for such an important decision!

I have also been adoring everything Anthropologie, in particular this Firenze Velvet Cushion. I personally would not spend this much, so as many do, I searched online for a cheaper alternative. I came across this wonderful tutorial, that creates that exact cushion. It does look a little complicated for me, being such a craft shy person, however, I would love to have a cushion or two like this one - for my new abode.

There will be more homeware inspired posts to follow, I hope you have enjoyed this one. There are only eight days left to enter that special giveaway, which I am thrilled to be part of. Good luck to those who enter.
xxxx



31 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes smoothly and that you settle in quickly! I know it can be fairly stressful but it will definitely be worth it! I love shopping for homeware and bedding lately aha :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting for you! I would go for the plain ceramics as then they will follow you wherever you go :) xx

    lookslikelara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so happy for you, me and my fiancé are moving out mid February so I know exactly how you feel! It's so exciting but at the same time totally nerve racking! I feel constantly anxious as it's such a big step. I wish you all the luck in the world and I think the moden ceramics are beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations yet again Christina :) I know you've been struggling a little & I won't say 'don't worry' cos we all know that is easier said than done but you know where I am if you ever need to talk :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, exciting! :) I looove Anthropologie. If only we were rich girls, eh? ;) How are the charity shops by you? Cute mismatched vintage-esque bits would be lovely.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting chick, good luck with the move!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with moving - how exciting!
    xx

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! It'll be worth it when you're done and in. Cute photos. x jazzy at hivenn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how exciting! My boyfriend and I are desperate to move out but at the minute it's not financially possible as we're both poor students :') Can't wait to see home decor posts, I love those! Glad to have discovered you through #lbloggers xx

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh sounds so exciting! I can't wait to move out and look at home decor and design my own place! Good luck with the move, hope it all goes smoothly!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I can't even begin to imagine how excited you must be feeling right now. My biggest piece of advice? Use accessories to add a colour scheme, that way you can change things whenever you feel like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh exciting! i can't wait to see more of your interior posts lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the move lovey!!! Can't wait to see your new pad all dolled up. Gorgeous cushion! XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really hope you can make your peace with the unease and enjoy your adventure. I think getting the place filled with little bits and pieces that are 'you' will help it feel like home and settle you down perhaps?
    (And I think mismatched, ecclectic and loads of them!)
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah feeling better about it all! Excited to have all my bits and bobs in the new house x

      Delete
  15. I love Anthropologie and bought a couple of plates from there before Xmas, some of their things are just way too pricey, though. None of my plates and kitchenware match at all so I have spent years building up my collection from all kinds of places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds lovely mix match if lovely plates etc x

      Delete
  16. How exciting so excited to see how you kit the new pad out! Big things ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! So exciting!! Moving in with the boy is always a big step, make sure you get full control over the decor of the bedroom at least. This worked well for me until the boy moved his weights in- many a stubbed toe. I'm so excited to see your new home, I am hoping for some before and after photos and maybe some DIY's?

    Good luck with everything Christina!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love Anthropologie! The candles are amazing and you can get such vintagey cool plates, mugs etc. Pinterest is amazing for inspiration, I will give you a follow! :)

    Kirstie xx

    http://kirstiemariem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm visiting from bloggerforums.co.uk!

    Wow, good luck in your move - it can be so stressful packing up all your stuff and leaving! I just moved in July and it was very stressful, but we're all settled now.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are settled and thank you stopping by, will pop over to yours. <3

      Delete
  20. Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes smoothly! I have to avoid Anthropologie, too many things I want to buy.

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope the move isn't too stressful, I hate it but it's always super fun to try somewhere else!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well despite being a little anxious I hope it goes well!

    I remember obsessing over catalogues and the John Lewis website when I first moved in with my boyfriend, couldn't afford half of it, but it didn't stop me looking, haha

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope it all goes/has went as smoothly as possible. We moved in November, although just to be closer to work so already had all of our 'stuff' haha.
    I LOVE the idea of the mixed colours. Very pretty. Especially against a plain background.

    Best wishes,
    Danielle
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete