Sunday, 12 January 2014

Oh Frankie

 'LET US BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT. WE'VE GONE 
A BIT MAD FOR NANNAS AND DIRTY, DIRTY ROCK IN THIS ISSUE'


I shared my love for a Sunday in a previous post, and this Sunday is another lazy day - before the reality of Monday comes along. I would like to declare my love for another, I love Frankie!
It was when I searched for the quaint frankie daily journal, that I discovered this magazine. I never usually stray away from my Company, and Elle when buying magazines, but I was instantly attracted to the cover of frankie. The past issue covers, were equally as appealing and charming. I made my order, it arrived, and now I'm an official frankie fan.
Frankie is an Australian magazine, that takes a look at fashion, photography, culture, interior and so much more. Frankie magazine say they 'aim to surprise and delight readers with every turn of our beautifully matte pages, and have a good old laugh while doing so'. The articles featured are amusing, interesting and endearing. A simple joy to read on my lazy Sunday.
It is cover to cover - inspiration. Everything from the pictures, the words, the colours and layout, is all so pretty and put together perfectly. I feel like I'm the last person to discover this magazine (I'm already 56 issues behind!).

So, let me share some of my favourite features from this issue;

the opposite of bitchface
Equal portraits
an open letter... to my thesis
The Ladies with tiny feet
mental health chums!
What I do when I'm alone
Viva la punk

This issue came with DIY pattern envelopes, 2014 wall planner, and four, special greeting cards. So my Sunday afternoon has been planned.
I also discovered so many new stores, and designers. I already knew about the talented Leah Goren. Leah is featured alongside other creative designers in this issue. I stumbled across the quirky and fun swimwear over at Co&llar Swimwear, and discovered the cool, comfy clothing at Creatures of comfort.

This new found love is no flash in the pan. This is a long and committed friendship, I intend to keep. 


24 comments:

  1. Frankie is amazing! I think I prefer magazines like this nowadays, something a little different and unusual. I always love seeing the various illustrations too. I've discovered some new, awesome artists through it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this magazine in my life.. The swimming costume in the third picture down. I think I just fell in love.

    pierrelecat | UK jewellery blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie looks kind of awesome!! Haw gave I never seen it?!
    Thanks for sharing
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  4. This magazine looks beautiful and I love the sound of the articles you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I really like this magazine! :D Where can you get it in the uk? Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had a subscription given to me for my birthday a few years ago and was soooo saaaahhhd when it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really adore the layout of Frankie, it's visually great to view and read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Frankie magazine!
    Ashleigh ~ www.beingashleigh.com ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such a stylish magazine! ♥ :) I'm always on the search for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, it looks awesome! I love Aussies, they have the best style and sense of humour.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to try bad pick this up this week before I leave :)
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad I found your blog! It's so adorable and so romantic chic :)
    Such a beautiful magazine xx
    Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, so kind of you to say x

      Delete
  13. I now want this magazine! What amazing pictures to choose from it! I can't figure out what the 'roll your own' thingy is?!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I want this magazine! I love the pictures. Might have to pop and get myself a copy.

    Just found your blog and it's so cute, you've got yourself a new regular reader :)

    Emma | DollfaceBlogs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This magazine looks fab,more creative and experimental too if you know what I mean,it's quite refreshing instead of the usual magazines like Elle etc-which I love :)
    Thank you for your sweet tweet,thought I'd check out your blog,and it's wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute magazine - I love it! I really wanted one of their diaries but they'd sold out so quickly. I WILL get one for next year without fail haha xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first photo is all kinds of awesome. I hope I'm still rocking my 'Tallica t-shirts when I'm older! The rest of the magazine sounds great, too. Will have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This magazine looks so gorgeous! I often struggle to find magazines to read on trains or on holiday because I've gone off Cosmo, Company etc. a little. The printed cloth article looks so good, and the photography style is dreamy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh it looks lovely! i'm quite good as i don't buy magazines too often but this is one i'd love to start getting :) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not the last. This looks fab! Do they do an online version at all?

    Lara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. the lady in the Metallica tee has made my day!

    ReplyDelete