Sunday, 19 January 2014

Wishlist Du jour


Bonjour! This Sunday is another magazine inspired post. I have been spending my lunch times admiring all the trends and fashion in Company magazine. As this is my first wishlist of the year, I thought I would make it a little different. I have been reading the Company hearts Paris issue, and it reminded me how the French do it best, when it comes to style.
Company magazine feature so many great bloggers, their readers, and inspiring females - style icon Jameela Jamil has her very own column. This latest issue has all you need to know about Paris and the French style. I personally loved the selection of berets in this special issue. So, I have cut out and scanned (I'm so tech savvy) my favourite looks, a la mode!

I do own one or two striped tops (Alexa Chung wannabe). I think a simple striped top is easy to wear, and the pictures above show just how to style one. The top and textured skirt, above-right, are both River Island. The soft shade and shape of this skirt, plus the perfectly chosen accessories - creates a beautiful, modern outfit.
The striped top and shirt are from H&M. This is my favourite outfit of the three, as I'm quite fond of wearing layers - some days I go with the motto, the more the merrier! It is the ruffle shirt that makes this look 'oh so feminine'. I have been inspired to recreate this look myself, and wear with my trusty Topshop Leigh jeans.
Finally, that pastel blue coat! Pastels are a welcomed trend, the perfect shades to cheer up our January blues. This coat is from Marks and Spencer, The Londoner has modelled this coat also, here. The checked skirt from Wondering Minds is gorgeous, the fit and flare style is very chic! Plus, the stripes and checks is a clash that works so well here.

Sadly, I won't be packing my bags any time soon, Paris will remain a dream trip for now. However, this does not stop me from bringing a little French style to my wardrobe. I already own the striped tops, so a pastel piece and checked skirt is on my wishlist this month.

Do you love the Parisian style?
Au revoir!


19 comments:

  1. I live for Parisian style - stripes, berets, and long macs are my favourites. There is just something so classy and timeless about their style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I do love a striped top. If I follow your tips will I look like a local when I go in *eeek* four weeks!?!
    I'm sure I was french in a former life.
    Love these looks :o)
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striped tops are the best thing ever - you can wear them with anything! Company have been so good recently, I loved this issue xx Rebecca - UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes are an absolute god send. I really enjoyed that Company issue too!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh THAT pastel blue coat *swoons*

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never buy Company but I think I may have to get this issue...sounds dreamy! I love that pastel blue coat, it's beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love striped tops, especially with jeans. Just so easy to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love stripes :):) the pastal coat is pretty too!

    Meimei xx
    www.meimeisays.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! so pretty! I like Parisian style, actually, I like a little of everything (though I tend to lean towards more vintage and country/western stuff). beautiful stuff here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute post!! I love your blog, it is soo cute! :)
    Would you like to check mine out soon? :)

    Hugs,
    Jill (http://itsjilliansday.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a small obsession with striped tops.... love all three of the looks! B x
    beabopsstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stripes, I don't gave one of those waspy French figures though so they never look as good one me
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's weird, I love the idea of French style but when I was in Paris I wasn't inspired by the street style, it was all so boring! I got quite a bit of attention (probably negative) because I was dressing what would be considered normal over here but a bit 'out there' in France. Saying that, I do love these picks - especially that coat! I just can't see a French person wearing it, it's a little cray for them. ;)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you talking about this! I think you looked lovely for the entire duration of the trip though! xxx

      Delete
    2. I will Have to go, and see for myself 😊xx they were probably thinking how good you looked x

      Delete
  14. I think Rosie looks fabulous in the M&S blue coat, although she pretty much looks gorgeous in everything! It's a lovely shade of blue though. I could imagine Josie wearing all of those outfits too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Joises wardrobe is perfect isn't it xx

      Delete