Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Lately





It has been two, very long months since I've blogged - a break that went on longer than planned. During this time I become more a blog reader. Rather than updating my own, I enjoyed reading and following others, old and new. Some were so inspiring and others were simply a joy to read.

So, so much has changed for me recently. Change is not always easy to accept or adapt to. I am currently looking for a new job, a task that is proving to be stressful. There is that pressure to find work quickly and to be rid of that 'unemployed' status. It can be hard to keep a positive mindset when worrying about the future. But, as the quote reads above, what feels like the end is often the beginning.

In between job searches and endless application forms, I find myself on pinterest (of course!). Above, I have made a collage of all the summer looks that have caught my eye. My own wardrobe is a little less adventurous - skinny jeans, t shirts, cardigans, pumps. This summer, I feel like stepping away from the mundane and adding some patterns, florals, pineapple and watermelon prints to my wardrobe. I  adore the playful and laid-back styles above. I was inspired by the fun, summery looks and images - all very Boho chic (Sienna Miller we salute you!).

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed. It feels good to have finally blogged. What styles/images have attracted your eye recently?


You can have anything you want in life, if you dress for it' Edith Head




14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the hunt, and I know everyone says this, but I'm SURE you'll find something you like soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest, books and travelling is where I get most of my inspo from! I just wish flying around the globe was cheaper...

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection! I hope you manage to find something soon lovely. It's so hard when you're at that in-between stage and can feel like there's no hope. Also, I really hope you find something you really want to do!

    love and hugs,

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that two piece!! :) Nice to see you back Christina Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh bubba <3 I hope you find a new job soon! I can fully understand where you are coming from. It's so hard to find work now a days too, but I'm sure it won't be long until you do. I hope you're ok mrs! sending lots of love and hugs your way x
    p.s sienna miller is such a babe!

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh so nice to have your blogs again lovely, I saw the "Kimi and me new post" thing on bloglovin and got all happy! What is your pinterest? I joined a while ago but really have only been using it recently. Mine is tapeparade. I'm all over seventies fashion at the moment - curly hair in barrettes and big flared skirts. And also gingham which is back on trend at the moment but I secretly just love gingham at all times! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're back! I wondered where you'd gone. :O
    Sometimes though it's nice to take a break and read more than you writing. This will be me for a few months too.

    Change is a scary word but once you're out the other side of it, you'll see it was a necessity.

    My summer wardrobe looks a lot like my winter one but that's because I live next to Welsh hills and it rains! I got as close to a summer wardrobe in terms of buying some cream and blush sheer shirts, and a nude pair of loafers. I really want some colour in my life... it's on to-shop list.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your blog posts :-) xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love boho style too, plus it's perfect for summer! Lovely collection of photos, I especially like the one of the crop top and skirt... I want! haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering where you had got to! Hope your doing ok, don't let job hunting get you down! I 'm loving the print on those co ords!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got so excited when I saw you had blogged...slightly delayed myself at reading it, sorry about that! :) I know you will get something & you know what Christina, if you don't at the minute that is fine too...look after you :) I've braced wearing a floral top knot head band & I bloomin' love it! :D I wish I was a punker rocker with flowers in my hairrrrr :P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same! My wardrobe is so dull I need to spruce things up too. I'm loving watermelon and pineapple prints - so summery :) Maybe I'll head to Pinterest to get my inspirational juices going too :)


    Lyndsay
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same aztec playsuit saved on my computer. I love it. It's a great picture! Good to have you back, although I hope you post tomorrow, otherwise it has been another month- yup, I am pestering for a post!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete