Monday, 7 July 2014

Enjoy today

easy_up_do_hair_style

The North Face Jacket c/o millets / Jean - Topshop / T-shirt - Asos

Recently, I've been doing a lot of thinking and not a lot of doing. So, I decided to put the laptop to one side, put on my hiking boots and enjoy the sunshine. We went for a lovely, long walk with the cheeky Kimi in tow...

It was also the perfect excuse to wear my floral headband and try to recreate the up do Lily Melrose shared on Youtube, here. It's such a quick, easy hair style to do, plus it stayed in place all day without any bobby pins or fuss!

It's so easy to forget to enjoy the little things in life and the things we may take for granted. I rarely take a moment to appreciate the day and the present. It has become second nature to live our lives a few moments ahead - too busy to take joy in simplicity. I, for one, tend to forget there is always a reason to smile. On this day, the weather, nature and a cheerful beagle were my reasons. So, my plan is to look for the positive in each day, 'even if some days you have to look a little harder'.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, 
all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. 
John Burroughs

Thank you for reading. Please let me know what makes you smile...

20 comments:

  1. Chrissy, this post is fantastic! Seriously, you hit the nail right on the head with this one, and that quote is perfect. The little things are often those that become easily overlooked when, often, they are all we have to cling to on days when things may not be so bright and breezy - it's important not do dwell on the tough stuff, or the stuff that brings us down, but the little things that put a smile on our faces without even realising.

    I'm so grateful to start my Monday with this post, and your words. Oh, and your hair looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous post! And really thoughtful - just true. I hope you were able to clear you mind!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww looks like great fun, Seb would love that walk. Your hair is so cute
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you on my bloglovin feed Christina! :) was soooo pleased! I absolutely love this post! I bloomin love the flowers in your hair & I'm so glad you are enjoying the little things in life :) you can't live a positive life with a negative mind :( I'm so glad you've decided to look for the positives :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love walking in the countryside - I never really get the chance to these days! I've been enjoying reading a lot lately, I'm half way through A Storm of Swords! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely stunning m'dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pleased you're back blogging - i hope things are a bit better! i love the photos, and staying positive is something i definitely need to remember... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair and thank you for sharing your positive thoughts. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So important to try to grab life's positives, this post is just a beaut.
    And your hair looks completely stunning.
    Great to see you back :o)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love going for walks and stylish outdoor clothing makes me happy. Such a cute look! :)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your hair! it's so beautiful

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a little Dahlia trench coat giveaway worth £80 on my blog right now, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely post, going out for a walk with your dog is sometimes just what you need and you did a fantastic job with the updo!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, an adorable hairstyle! Love it :) Somehow yours looks a lot more 20s than Lily's (which I obviously love)! Kimi is also looking on TOP FORM!

    Melissa xx

    Vintage Tea Roses - a vintage fashion and lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely post Hun. The photos of you and your dog really warm my heart :)

    Cat from OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! <3 <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post :) The top picture is so beautiful, I thought it was a vintage print! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great advice, i always like to look on the bright side :)
    I saw this youtube video & the hairstyle looks great on you!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christina!
    I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can follow this link for more information: http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love the blog!

    yescassiewill.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Christina, I don't know why but for some reason I seem to have missed this post when you originally posted it?! Maybe when I was running around America with not much time for reading blogs! This is such a lovely post, really enjoyed reading it. I do so enjoy your blogs! (Also your hair looks lovely like that - very chic). Hope you're doing well my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful picture. I love your flower headband :)

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete