Friday, 29 August 2014

Paper Doll





I've been very excited to share this post as it's a collab with Carly Watts. A blogger who is endlessly creative and with keen eye for detail. Carly's illustrations are always so unique and charming. I loved the idea of making a wishlist with a paper doll theme and having Carly create the doll in only a way she could! Plus, there is the added nostalgia of making these cut out outfits as a child.

As it's coming to the end of the Summer and a popular time to go on a last minute vacation, an inspired holiday outfit seemed fitting (one last summer wishlist before we all become obsessed with knits and coats). Carly, always the professional, has created hers so that the items are the perfect size to be cut out and placed on the doll. Print it out and have a go!

So, I chose a pretty floral slip dress that can be easily worn over a bikini during the day, or worn with wedges and a holiday necklace for an evening look. Similarly, the simple cami with frill detail can be worn day or night, teamed with the white skirt - to show off that tan!

A blogger's favourite is the Grafea backpack. This peach one is an exclusive to Asos, it really is a luxury beach/travel bag that would look great with any outfit! I also had to include THAT Topshop swimsuit - need I say more?

One important item, that can be easily over looked, is a hat. I discovered this whilst sunbathing without one and hours later I had one burnt nose and forehead. Let's just say that night and the following day were not fun. Sunstroke is not fun!

Finally, the 'Meg' Diana+ to capture the sights and fun times had!

Thank you for reading. I hope you have enjoyed and do take a look at Carly's take on the paper doll here - it really is fab!!  

 photo d_zps19a3d31c.jpg photo d_zps19a3d31c.jpg photo d_zps19a3d31c.jpg



11 comments:

  1. Yay! I love all of the items you chose for your collage. The swimsuit is gorgeous :) I totally love the peachy backpack too! Thank you so much for asking me to collaborate. I was completely flattered! I'd be happy to do something again in the future - maybe for Christmas? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you! I think a Christmas collab would be amazing :) :) :) I'm excited! xx

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! What a great idea for a collaboration. I used to love these dolls when I was little. This little lady is super stylish too, I want all of the things above, especially that hat!!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! If I had a printer I would be all over this. I had a Lady Diana paper doll when I was a kid :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this collabo! Sooo cute. I want a Grafea backpack too.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving your link in the bloggers chat :) I featured both the topshop swimsuit and the grafea bag in my own wishlists too - just in different colours! They are amazing and it may be a little late for the swimsuit now but I won't be complete until that bag is mine haha! Lovely collaboration idea from you both :)

    Hope you have a great week, Saida xx
    saidacane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saida, I have left a comment on your newest post :) was already following x

      Delete
  6. omg amazing idea, love the paper doll! the camera is my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That swimsuit is just gorgeous!

    This is such a cute idea - I love your outfits that you put together and this is another genius way of showcasing it!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet, very cute way of displaying outfit boards x
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag!!!!!!!!!! I'm a huge grafea fan! What a fab colour x

    www.seeonebuyone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete