Thursday, 30 October 2014

grey & white







 1,2,3,4

I always enjoy doing home posts, so went to Pinterest for inspiration. The colour combination of grey and white is perfect for a soft and modern décor.

The colour grey can sometimes be overlooked as dull and boring. However, the shades available can be quite surprising. The light grey tones are calming and can be colour matched with many others e.g. yellow, orange. I'm a fan of neutral shades and natural tones in the the home, as opposed to harsh, bold colours, as these can be more versatile and welcoming.
The walls do not have to be white to achieve this look. I can see the appeal in having a clean, white canvas, however, it is not essential. I find simply adding white accessories can brighten a room, as does the addition of mirrors. Also, plants can be your best friends when you need a little colour and life in a room.

I have chosen some favourites from stores such as H&M and Next, above. I love the idea of having soft furnishings in grey and having a white coffee table in the centre. I do my blogging from the sofa, so I like to be surrounded by throws and fluffy cushions. I don't think you can ever have enough cushions (or is that just me?), as it makes for a cosy and comfy setting. I also have white fairy lights around the fire place, for decoration and in preparation for the festive period.

Off topic, who's excited to put their Christmas tree up? ME!!


10 comments:

  1. SOO cute! I love grey and whites too. I am dreaming of a white living room with loads of green leafed plants. I am so jealous that you get to do home shopping. I luuurve that pom pom throw!!
    We need to see pictures of your new home!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this living room inspo, i wish my house looked like this!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with grey in interiors recently. I have a yellow/gold vintage armchair that I adore which I'm trying to pair with more grey stuff, and maybe a hint of navy blue!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspirations! I love the combinations of white and grey!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a very big fan of grey, it can really make other colours pop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all of these. Grey really is such a cosy colour isn't it!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The typography print is beautiful! I really like grey paired with other colours, it makes yellows and reds stand out so nicely :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. it makes me wish i had a cool sophisticated room, love the storage basket x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the ampersand! Been wanting it for so long.
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete