Sunday, 7 December 2014

It's a wrap!


easy_ways_to_wrap_a_present

When it comes to arts and crafts, I have two left hands and a talent for making a mess. I always admire people who can create something from nothing and who are particularly resourceful. So, I thought I would try some easy gift wrapping ideas and share the results. Luckily, there is not much that can go wrong when all I had at hand was ribbon, tape and brown paper. Below, are three simple ways to wrap a gift...

gift_inspiration
pinterest_gift_wrapping
christmas_decoration_gift

                                            


1. For this parcel, I used metallic satin ribbon in gold and a plush gold gift tag. As a roll of brown paper is rather cheap, you can spend elsewhere - like these oversized, merry tags. Add the finishing touch by cutting the ends of the ribbons at an angle.

2. If you are looking for inspiration, you don't have to look much further than your Christmas tree (and Pinterest). This is about as Pinterest as I will get - a trimming off the tree, tied with a recycled ribbon. This is an easy and creative way of dressing up a parcel. 

3. I always have left over decorations once the tree is decorated. Simply, use these to dress up your parcel. I also used silver tape around the parcel and then tied the white and red string around and fastened with a bow knot. 

These are all, easy and fun ways to make a gift, that extra bit special. It shows a little time and thought has been put into wrapping that gift for that someone you care about. I only wished, more glitter and glue was involved in this post - maybe that will be the next one.

I hope you enjoyed this post and even take a little inspiration from it. Happy gift wrapping! 



gift_wrapping_ideas_pinterest



15 comments:

  1. these are lovely, i love the simplicity of brown paper and how you can do pretty much anything with it with different ribbons etc.! this gets me in the mood for wrapping presents:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute ideas I actually love the look of brown paper but haven't done it myself, looks very unique xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute ideas! Love the look of these! Will definitely be using this post as inspiration when wrapping!!
    LeviJade xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it :) I´m doing something quite similar this year :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!! I love your ribbon! I find I default to Brown paper for christmas too, it seems classy some how!!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ways you have wrapped these :) especially the first one it's simple but really pretty :) I love wrapping presents :)
    Lucy x
    www.lucyabbaszadeh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The third is definitely my favourite! Even if they're not left over, I'm pretty sure you could get cheap decorations from like £1 shops!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are soooo cute! I love the rustic feel of brown wrapping paper - if only I could get my presents too look this nice, I'm like you I have two left hands when it comes to wrapping aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love brown wrapping paper. Definitely using it this year and finding some beautiful ribbons to wrap everything in! Or I may just ask you to wrap them for me! haha!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never wrap presents! I love the look of these though. Number 3 is my favourite! Thanks for sharing, definately going to try this out for Christmas wrapping ideas! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely awesome. You could be my gift-wrapper any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wrapping is SO good, mine always looks so terrible hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look wonderful! I might have to undo all the wrapping I've done and try one of these out! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, I like the idea of using trees
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I love the one with the trimming, looks so fresh and green! I do love brown paper for a classic look :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete