Friday, 12 December 2014

what to wear?

style_inspiration_knit
jumper_and_skirts



Lurex skirt | Grace leather pencil skirt  |Sequinned skirt | Boucle zip pelmet skirt


'I have nothing to wear!' This is my usual reaction the day before a night out. If only I could wear a jumper and not feel under dressed. Well, this is exactly what Victoria Beckham wore at the British Fashion Awards this year. Victoria wore a black and white floor length skirt and backless black jumper when she picked up the award for Brand of the Year and as always looked amazing! The jumper and skirt combination is now the look I want for that Christmas night out.

I have more than enough jumpers to chose from - thanks to my obsession with cosy knitted pieces. So, I just need to find the perfect skirt to team one with. Above, is a selection of skirts that I simply adore. A leather pencil skirt has been on my wishlist for a while, as-well as a metallic, silver skirt. They both would look great teamed with a boxy/high neck knit. The mix of textures would work well together, creating a stylish, ready to wear outfit! You could always wear a dress instead of a skirt to achieve the same look. 

To complete the outfit, a statement necklace or bold, large stone earrings to add some sparkle. You can never have enough sparkle! 


Do you have your Christmas outfit planned yet?


25 comments:

  1. Love this! the white socks and heels look is so cute xxx

    http://alldeathbydiamonds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, we should swap because I have tonnes of spangly, sequinned, sparkly, metallic etc skirts in all sorts of shapes and only about two jumpers to pair them all with. Hahah. I wear skirts every day and they're all pretty short! I tend to end up borrowing jumpers form the nearest boy, could do with investing in something else :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't i know it, i've seen the silver skirt on your blog! <3

      Delete
  3. So want all of these skirts!! They are gorgeous :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue what I'm going to wear on Christmas but this post totally inspired me to make an effort this year

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that Dec 25 chistmas jumper around, it's such a nice way to go low key. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeing up the Topshop 'Dec 25th' jumper for a while now! I love the idea of teaming it with that lurex skirt! xx

    VIVA EPERNAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour block sweater! No! I don't have any outfits planned at all - such a slacker! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jumpers go perfectly with skirts, it's so much more girly than plain old jeans :)

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im not sure what I will wear, but your look sounds really cute :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I followed you on bloglovin ^__^

      Delete
  10. Hey, I'm following your beautiful blog on bloglovin! You have great style and I love all of the skirts here, especially the sequin one! x

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. jumper and a skirt is such a lovely combination! wouldn't have thought to wear it on a night out or any fancy occasion, though:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jumper and skirt are the best winter combo! I actually wore this duo to a party last week. :) It kept me warm, but made a statement at the same time. :)

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord
    MAC Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cosy knits. This christmas I'm planning to go all casual. PJ's all day! ;)
    Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog! You made my day.
    Katharina // ktinka.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always loved VB's style too. She always looks amazing in such simple things. Like a jumper and a skirt. No fuss, but just gorgeous.

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a combination I wouldn't have thought to try, but by the looks and sounds of it I should at some point soon! Really like the third set in! :)

    Tabby x
    www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an amazing blog! Hope you could visit mine too :)

    http://jeninapearl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fantastic outfit, I'm sure you will look stunning! My Christmas outfit is a pair of pajamas...lol! I'll probably get dressed into "real clothes" later at night... but still not sure what I'll be wearing!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dec 25th jumper is amazing! Want it!!!

    What about following each other? I would really love to keep in touch honey!
    Let me know what you think about it!!

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are soo cute!!! I love the effortless look of a jumper and a skirt! Now I have a reason to pair my jumpers with something that looks classy!!! As for me this christmas I'll be very comfy in a jumper and some jeans but when I go out best believe I'll be look flawless haha!!!

    colorubold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can never go wrong with statement necklace and skirt's combination x

    ReplyDelete