Monday, 12 January 2015

Hair Today



Images 1 2 3 4


I'm very late to the party on this one, this one being the lob. I only recently discovered that this term stands for the long bob, as seen on Kendal Jenner and Olivia Palermo to name just two. This style is exactly what I need to give my hair some life.

I have spent months trying to grow my hair, with the dream of having long, mermaid locks. Unfortunately, my hair seems to grow to an awkward length and then grows no longer. My hair lacks bounce, shape and lacks lustre – so it’s time for the chop! It always take some time to get to this decision. It’s the typical dilemma
to cut your hair or not to cut your hair?
After looking at hair inspiration, I have been well and truly charmed by images of the long bob. As for the colour, we will leave that for another day. 

The long bob is longer in length than the standard bob and can be cut many ways to suit and flatter you - length in the front with a slightly shorter back for a more shapely cut. I prefer to opt for a softer cut, as opposed to a blunt, sharp cut. Also, I find longer layers easier to style – short layers cause me no end of problems. Although my hair never does as I want it to, I'm excited to cut away the dull ends and style away... 

I have read that this style is low maintenance (I will be the judge of that) and easy to style.  Luckily I have my favourite hair products at hand to add some texture and shine. New hair, new me?



Have you had the long bob before? 


31 comments:

  1. I recently went from super long to a lob and I haven't looked back. It feels much more chic and looks good wavy or straight x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel same as you! My hair is so long now but with a baby who pulls at it and because i find myself neglecting it sometimes, I wonder should it be chopped off? It is my comfort blanket though! I have never like short hair on me but mid length could be good. I say give it another week and if you still want it, do it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same dilemma chick! I've been considering cutting mine into a long bob for months, can't decide!!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nicki:) wait for another week or so and then decide. I just got my haircut done with lots of layers:)
    Thank you so much for leaving me a beautiful comment. Following you now, dear!
    Love
    Epsita
    epsita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these photos!! lobs are so pretty!! i'm going for the mermaid look but it is taking FOREVER to get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my hair has been at this length before but I didn't like it. I am trying to grow my hair out right now... I want it long like I used to have it. I miss it! :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh what a coincidence! My shampoo post about how to grow your hair went up this week too!
    love your blog layout by the way!
    http://www.jennieemma.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who wouldn't want a lob with these stunning pictures, they're making me want to cut mine again! Love your blog, now following :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have basically described my hair! Mine's got a bit better since I started using coconut oil, and it actually grew quite a bit, but it seems to have stopped again. I think you should definitely give the long bob a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of the lob either but I love it! I might try this for summer. I'm always so nervous to cut my hair too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have the lob cut
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for it! I think it would look fab on you - I love the inspiration pictures too!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, would love long princess hair like you though! x

      Delete
  13. The long bob is such a lovely hairstyle as it's short but not too short. I think it would look lovely on you :) xx

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this hairstyle, I think it's so flattering :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a long bob hairstyle for a while and I loved. It definitely worth trying!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt exactly the same way a month or so ago and went for the lob! I desperately wanted mermaid hair but it's very freeing and it's lovely to see how healthy my hair is now that I've got rid of the split ends haha! I think you should definitely do it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been so tempted by the long bob before but and yet to make the leap! I think it looks fabulous on shiny, thick hair, but mine's frizzy and I think would look far too triangular for my liking if I had it cut short. Looking forward to seeing yours if you take the plunge!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a lob haha! Suki's hair is so dreamy x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one before but it looks really pretty! I actually have a weird system with my hair, I just chop it all off every 4 years and then leave it to grow. Seems to work ok :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say, I've admired this style for so long, but with my wedding next year...I'm not brave enough to chop it! Can't wait to see if you go for it xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I live in a permanent state of this dilemma. I had super long hair, gave it a huge chop- shorter than chin length, spent every day wishing it would grow back and now I want to give it the chop again! (Even knowing that I'd probably regret it.) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have super long hair and I'm dying to chop it all off, but I know I'd regret it so much! I love Pinterest for hair inspo! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could never have a long bob, my face is just too wide

    Ffion
    www.asouthwalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete