Monday, 2 February 2015

Sweet Suede


1 2 3

Spring is set to be heavily influenced by the seventies. That's right, the 70's have returned with a vengeance! I can't wait to invest in some vibrant pieces and embrace this fashion trend, as seen on the Chloé, Derek Lam and Chanel spring 2015 fashion shows.

As you can see, I'm excited by a suede revolution (not quite). I adore the buttoned down skirt worn so effortlessly with a black high neck top, above, as I do the suede jacket worn simply with flared denim trousers. I would love to add some retro inspired suede to my wardrobe. The pieces that spring to mind are;

+ A line suede skirt
+ Suede biker jacket - similar to the pink Topshop jacket (fingers crossed for a Primark version!)
+ Patchwork skirt - this beauty from Olive clothing, for example.
+ Suede bag - with FRINGE detail 

Just think, Penny Lane in Almost Famous and this is the style I will be channelling for future posts. 
I don't need any per-suede-ing when it comes to this trend... (Oh dear!)


14 comments:

  1. I'd love a fringed suede jacket! NOM.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous pieces, I think I am OBSESSED with 70's and suede, swallow me up in falres and dunagress I LOVE IT xxx




    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so i want/need ALL the suede! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through an extended phase with leather and suede, reason, I was only to buy "investment pieces"... This just meant I had a lot of leather and still bought other stuff. Weak of heart and soul.

    P.S. Etsy have some amazing suede pieces, you just need to air the vintage (old) smell out.

    Good luck finding your forever suede!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love suede shoes but I don't think I own any clothing items that are suede... looks like I need to go shopping!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Well you know I'm loving the 70's trend right now. I think the button up skirt looks so cute :) It's one of those items that you'd probably get loads of wear out of too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm against suede due to being vegan, but I have a lot of fake suede items - including a skirt almost identical to that first picture by Miss Patina, do you know them? It was ages ago so you could probably get one on sale now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about this after posting, I have a few fake suede items I can't even tell the difference :D Thank you for introducing me to Miss Patina! <3

      Delete
  8. I love seventies still, I want some suede hot pants, not sure I'll be brave enough to wear them mind you!!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be brave and look fabulous in them! <3

      Delete
  9. Suede is going to be everywhere this SS15. Love the trend on others, but still trying to decide how I'm going to fit it into my wardrobe!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes obsessed with suede
    on a hunt for a suede skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This suede skirt is just so perfect, I love it! Hugs from Paris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That suede skirt is incredible! I hope I can get my hands on something like that this summer!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete