Sunday, 29 March 2015

READ ME





It had been a while since I had sat down and read a book. So, when World Book Day came along, I decided I was long overdue a new book or two. Plus, once I'm in the mood to read, nothing can come between me and a book. These are two books that made me switch my phone off and shun all social media, so as not to be disturbed...



Every day she catches the same train, that stops at the same signal each time, which overlooks a row of back gardens. She names the couple in one particular house 'Jess and Jason' and in her mind this couple are the embodiment of happiness. But then one day she sees Jess in the arms of another man. 

It 's not long until Rachel becomes involved in the lives that she had watched from afar. This is where the story starts. From here on in, the narrative is shared between three characters, which for me, added to the intrigue. It is a story that is enthralled with mystery and will keep you guessing right up until the end...

'Gripping, enthralling - a top-notch thriller and a compulsive read'
S J WATSON, bestselling author of Before I Go To Sleep



One woman's fear is a another woman's weapon...
''When I look back on my relationship with Kathy I marvel at how naive she was, how little she knew.
But then, she always thought she had everything: the job; the baby; the friends; and him. She thought she was safe. She thought that nothing could touch her perfect world.
She should never have trusted me.'

Once I finish a book I am always quick to buy another. I had high hopes I had another captivating book in my hands with this one, but alas, I was left disappointed.

This book is about a woman hell bent on having the life she believes belongs to her. Kathy is oblivious that her co-worker has a deep, dangerous obsession. As the story unfolds the narrative alternates between Kathy and Heja - characters that I just could not warm to. Sadly, the ending also fell short for me as I was holding out for a big twist or turn of events. It was a quick read, so I quickly got over it and I'm ready to start another new story...


What is on your reading list? 
Have you read any of the above? 


8 comments:

  1. I picked up The Girl on the Train for my mum and borrowed it after she read it. I wasn't really expecting very much but I thought it was pretty good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read girl on the train in a week loved it. My reading list is so long I could give up work for a year and not finish them all
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YASS to the girl on train. I just added it to my to-read list and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the girl on the train sounds AMAZING!! if i see it while i'm out i'll def. have to pick it up!!
    that second book though! >_______< that sounds like a scary lifetime movie!!! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard SO much about The Girl on the Train. Really must look out for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read more books. Because I did history at university I never see reading as a "fun" activity anymore. Might have to break myself back in and try these out as they sound good!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first one sounds really good, but I worry my mind would get too into the book!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been meaning to pick up the girl on the train for the longest time! I'm so glad you liked it.
    These 2 books are going on my reading list :) Always looking for new books to read/listen to on audible.

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete