Monday, 27 April 2015

APRIL



            Another book read.


Last week, I was reading in the sunshine with a beagle asleep at my toes and I couldn't want for anything else. It was the perfect way to relax and forget all that was on my mind. I was completely consumed by the storyline and what was to become of the characters at the end. Do you ever find yourself unable to do anything else, not until the last page of the book is read?

Second Life is written by SJ Watson - the author behind the highly successful Before I Go to Sleep . I do not want to give too much away so I will keep it short. It begins with the news that Julia's sister had been murdered in Paris. With the news, Julia becomes restless and starts to search for answers. This leads to an online encounter that quickly becomes more, but not everything is quite as it seems.

"A Fatal Attraction for the digital age, but with a crucial twist . . . Watson is a master at turning the screw." (Evening Standard)


As for the ending, it was one I did not see coming. A brilliant ending!

The flowers, above, have been placed inside the book to be pressed. I can't wait to show you what I plan to do with them once they are pressed...


11 comments:

  1. OMG gonna get this now as I adored before I go to sleep I was only talking about it this morning as I can't shut up haha thanks for this post as I needed something to read other than Harry Potter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Before I Go To Sleep so will have to pick this up.. I haven't read any books in ages as I'm swamped with uni work but I can;t wait to read over the summer :) I really miss it!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this but it definitely sounds interesting! And I love a book that has an unexpected ending :). Reading in the sunshine with a dog to keep you company sounds like such a relaxing way to spend your day too :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book but it seems awesome.
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love a good book, I'll have to remember this one! Currently reading all the Game of Thrones books so might take me a while!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed before I got sleep might give this a try after my current book
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds lovely! i'm trying to get back into reading so will add this to the list.... (and can't wait to see what you'll do with the pressed flowers!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am flying through books at the moment n tour, reading about two a week. Going to add this to the list!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds intriguing, I love a good twist! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so interesting. Love your blog- new follower xx

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! Books, relaxation, beagles (ahhh) and flower pressing? YES.
    Lovely post and a beautiful photo :)
    Hannah x
    hannahdelacour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete