Saturday, 1 August 2015

A Book A Day...








Latest Read

The book above, I read over a week ago. Yes, another psychological thriller - it seems to be my genre of choice recently.


Because She Loves Me is written by Mark Edwards, the author of the best-seller, The Magpies. The story centres around the character Andrew Summers. Andrew has had endless bad luck in his life. That is, until, he meets the very attractive, Charlie. Has Andrew's luck begun to change?


Their relationship is a whirlwind affair that becomes deeply intense very quickly. The main themes are that of jealously and obsession. The author, inspired by his own experiences, creates a page turner that had me gripped from the start.


However, it was the concluding few chapters that fell a little short for me. It was not where I thought the story was heading, which I guess is the whole point of having a big twist.




Latest Plans


I have previously witten about my anxiety when visiting new places and big cities. It was a fear that needed to be challenged. So, after spending two weekends in London and having the most wonderful time, I started to think, 'where else would I love to visit?'.

Where do I plan to travel? A city that is much loved by bloggers. Inspired by Peaches from Style Peaches, a day trip to Paris is now on the cards for October. Je suis excité!


This post by HighLand Fling, is a must read before my date with Paris.




8 comments:

  1. I've been in desperate need of a summer book thanks for sharing I need to get a copy soon:) Can we follow each other’s blog to support each other?:) please let me know if you are interested so I can follow your blog back:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good book, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I've hardly read anything this summer, the weathers been so rubbish there's been no sunbathing! Have an await time in Paris, I absolutely love it
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Follow each other on GFC, Google+, Twitter, facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin? If yes, follow me and i follow back as soon as i see it. Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    Keep in Touch xx Rabea from germany
    http://www.rabeasbeautytipps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I said this before but NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN LONDON WE HAVE TO MEET UP.

    Also Paris! Squeeeeeeee amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea why these are linking to blogger and not www.tapeparade.wordpress.com but you know who I am anyway... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this sounds TENSE! Might be a bit much for my sensitive soul!

    Dannie x

    ReplyDelete